Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Tommy.e

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
One of my favorite features with pre-lion OSXs was the ability to take any window and drop it on the edge of the screen to make it automatically re-size. So if i dropped it on the left side of the screen the window would fill exactly the left half of the screen and so on.

have anybody figured out how to do this in lion?

monaarts

macrumors 65816
Jan 16, 2010
Kennesaw, GA
One of my favorite features with pre-lion OSXs was the ability to take any window and drop it on the edge of the screen to make it automatically re-size. So if i dropped it to the left the window would fill exactly the left side of the screen and so on.

Uhhh, I think your thinking about Windows 7. :confused:

Tyler23

macrumors 603
Dec 2, 2010
Atlanta, GA
Agreed with monaarts, that was never a feature of OS X. There was an app that would allow for this function called Cinch. Don't know if it's been updated to work with Lion though.

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY
One of my favorite features with pre-lion OSXs was the ability to take any window and drop it on the edge of the screen to make it automatically re-size. So if i dropped it on the left side of the screen the window would fill exactly the left half of the screen and so on.

BetterTouchTool has this feature built in... for free!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.