Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

thornguy

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 5, 2008
Debating between a MBA or MBP and I was leaning toward the MBP because of storage, memory, speed until the new MBAs hit yesterday.

I've never had a Mac before, but reading some other threads people seem to be able to live and function with some good size games and apps on a 128SSD.

Don't plan to do much gaming, but will do just general stuff, web and graphic work.

I don't want to have to deal with an external drive.
I know your not me, and mileage may vary but is 128SSD enough?

tersono

macrumors 68000
Jan 18, 2005
UK
It entirely depends on the sort of data you're creating.

If I left my iTunes library off my MBP I could manage quite happily with 128gb, but most of my data is in the cloud.

If you're into photography, DTP or anything else that creates a lot of data, then it's less likely you'll manage...

MattZani

macrumors 68030
Apr 20, 2008
UK
My iTunes is 35Gb, and I plan to use my 128Gb 13" for my Photography work at Uni, should finally be powerful enough. This gives me about 85Gb of space for photos, more than enough for current projects, while anything older stays on an external.

If you're a small user 128Gb will be fine, or if you use external drives to manage data you don't always need etc, but if you can afford the 256Gb I'd go for that.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.