Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nameoftheuser

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
I noticed that a new Mac-Mini came out and i have a few questions to the veterans..

I'm probably gonna buy the 2,7Ghz with no additional upgrade [I'm not paying 200 euros for 8 gigabyte DDR3]

-If i would put my own mini-top together with 900 euros, wouldn't be more powerfull?
-What is your expierence with a mac-mini?
-Will this Mac be able to play the latest game's and play some nice HD movies?

Thanks in advance.

richmlow

macrumors 6502
Jul 17, 2002
If you are thinking of playing games on a Mac Mini, make sure that you get a configuration which has the AMD Radeon 6630M GPU in it. I would also consider 4GB RAM (minimum) to be a requirement.

richmlow

I noticed that a new Mac-Mini came out and i have a few questions to the veterans..

I'm probably gonna buy the 2,7Ghz with no additional upgrade [I'm not paying 200 euros for 8 gigabyte DDR3]

-If i would put my own mini-top together with 900 euros, wouldn't be more powerfull?
-What is your expierence with a mac-mini?
-Will this Mac be able to play the latest game's and play some nice HD movies?

Thanks in advance.

bearcatrp

macrumors 68000
Sep 24, 2008
Boon Docks USA
Should play HD movies fine but would check your games to insure the 256mb vram will be enough. Apple should have made it at least 512mb or even better 1gb.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.