Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

GerryVee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Hello everyone, I am new to the forum and I love macs. My name is Gerry and I hail from western Canada. I joined so I could ask this question but have been lurking for a while reading some of the interesting threads.

I am on a 24" iMac with intel 2.8ghz core 2 duo and 4 GB of DDR2 ram.

I upgraded to Lion yesterday. install was flawless but soon after, I started getting this random message and I simply can't figure it out. I was hoping someone here could provide some assistance. I did read through 2 or 3 pages of threads in this particular folder thinking someone has already encountered this but I didn't see anything similar.

Here's a screenshot of the message.

ScreenShot2011-07-21at44839PM.png

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I don't know if this is the case here, but it looks like this might be coming from the MobileBackups function of Time Machine.

Try running the command 'sudo tmutil disablelocal' in Terminal and see if that gets rid of the error messages.

GerryVee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
Nope. Same window popped up with the same message.

One thing I forgot to mention is that there are 2 of these identical windows that pop up. :(

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.