Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
I want to buy a book in the iBookstore, however i need to be able to read it on my MacBook Pro. Is there anyway i can do that? I don't want to spend $20 in the iBookstore, and $20 for the Kindle.

upaymeifixit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 13, 2009
As of right now it looks like Apple does not have an official way to read iBooks books on Mac. However there is some third party software that supposedly allows you to trasnfer iBooks to Mac.

You could purchase it on Kindle and download to read it on your Mac, and download the Kindle app for iPhone/iPad and read it on there.

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
As of right now it looks like Apple does not have an official way to read iBooks books on Mac. However there is some third party software that supposedly allows you to trasnfer iBooks to Mac.

You could purchase it on Kindle and download to read it on your Mac, and download the Kindle app for iPhone/iPad and read it on there.

I really don't want to buy it on Kindle and go back and forth, i like having all my books in one place. I'd prefer to have it in iBook, but this might leave me with no choice..

Do you know what software transfers iBooks on the Mac?
Is there anyway to convert the iBook into a .pdf?

Reach9

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Aug 17, 2010
In America
Thanks for the link!
Is there anyway i can convert an iBook i bought into a .PDF file? Or is that impossible?

melvinchia

macrumors newbie
Nov 23, 2010
Singapore
Thanks for the link!
Is there anyway i can convert an iBook i bought into a .PDF file? Or is that impossible?

You can try this app called Calibre, that lets you convert PDF to ePub (iBook format), and vice versa.. It will probably let you read your iBook eBooks (in ePub format) on your Mac. =)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.