Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
My son's 3rd Generation 32GB iPod Touch stopped responding to touch input on the display/digitizer. He didn't drop it and he didn't get any liquid on it that we're aware of. I ordered him a new digitizer assembly including the bracket and home button all together.

I took the original front panel assembly off the iPod Touch, and I am in the process of installing the new front panel.

The problem is I have the new digitizer connected, and it's not responding either. I don't want to put it back together until I know it works as it's a pain in the butt to take these apart. Should the digitizer work just being connected for testing purposes, or do I have to fully re-assemble it for it to work properly?

All help is appreciated... I really want my son to be able to use his iPod Touch, and it's otherwise in excellent condition as it has always had a cover on it and been taken care of.

Scottsdale

Suspended
Original poster
Sep 19, 2008
U.S.A.
Why didn't you go to Apple and have them replace it?

My kids are in Lima, Peru, and I am visiting them here. I had a new digitizer shipped here. There is not an Apple store here. I do not want to pay another $299 in the US, or it's about $500 USD for one here, when his works perfect other than the digitizer isn't responding for no apparent reason.

I am really just asking for advice about the digitizer, not asking for abuse about my choice in trying to fix it myself...

If anyone can offer some advice about the digitizer, please respond. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.