PDA

View Full Version : Need honset opinions here!

wickerman1893
Jul 21, 2011, 07:59 PM
Okay so I am in high school currently developing an app with my friend. The app should be done and in the app store in about 14-18 days. Its .99 cents and a pretty basic app. It's a soundboard with certain nature sounds and around 20 of them which we plan to expand on in the further with updates. It looks very professional and is fun to mess around with. Based off of your previous experience selling apps how many do you think I can sell within 3 months with heavy promotion and advertisement to friends, family, and on forums, etc.... honest opinions are greatly appreciated.

mousouchop
Jul 21, 2011, 09:01 PM
I would never download a miscellaneous sound board that cost money... Maybe an official Harry Potter one from WB, but a random nature sound board from some kid? Nah.

Why not make it free w/ iAds...... (P.S. I still wouldn't download it. Heh. You said be honest!)

wickerman1893
Jul 21, 2011, 10:24 PM
Hence why I put some effort into it to make it look pretty good and it's different from the other ones I've seen. I mean I definitely understand where you are coming from. Some people just don't find interest in animal sound boards but I'm hoping the people that do or are just looking for a fun app for 99 cents will find some use or enjoyment out of it.

Mr. Gates
Jul 24, 2011, 10:23 AM
Like ..."The cow goes ...Moooooo" ?

http://www.skooldays.com/images/ty1066.jpg

Or like birds chirping and crickets ?

Crickets

Yeah, I def. hear Crickets

takeshi74
Jul 24, 2011, 09:45 PM
Based off of your previous experience selling apps how many do you think I can sell within 3 months with heavy promotion and advertisement to friends, family, and on forums, etc.... honest opinions are greatly appreciated.
There are no guarantees. You could sell 0. You could sell many more. "Heavy promotion and advertisement" are really very vague descriptions. It's not like you can just factor in some fixed amount of additional sales for any sort of marketing by pushing a button. The specifics of your marketing matter as well as the specifics of your product.

You'll find out soon enough.

wickerman1893
Jul 25, 2011, 12:38 AM
Like ..."The cow goes ...Moooooo" ?

Image (http://www.skooldays.com/images/ty1066.jpg)

Or like birds chirping and crickets ?

Crickets

Yeah, I def. hear Crickets

LOL...more like cow goes mooo actually.....no crickets yet(:

wickerman1893
Jul 25, 2011, 12:40 AM
There are no guarantees. You could sell 0. You could sell many more. "Heavy promotion and advertisement" are really very vague descriptions. It's not like you can just factor in some fixed amount of additional sales for any sort of marketing by pushing a button. The specifics of your marketing matter as well as the specifics of your product.

You'll find out soon enough.

True.....my guess is I'll just need to get some beginning sales to get it going...but your right we will see. I'm gonna try and get a lot more sounds in updated versions to make this worth the .99 cents haha. I'll have a link in my sig in a few days just in case you want to check it out.

Apple OC
Jul 25, 2011, 12:43 AM
if this is your first App ... go with free and see how much interest there is

it does not sound like something people will want to pay for

good luck

srxtr
Jul 25, 2011, 12:44 AM
I think you need to find your right audience, MacRumors is definitely not the place imo. In fact, the specific audience you're aiming for will be very small I would think...

I'm not sure how a "soundboard" can sound "professional" and at the same time "be fun to mess around"... I'm sure all it's good for will be for messing around, but outside of your family and friends I'm not sure if anyone will be willing to spit out the 99 cents to buy something... useless... unless that person was drunk and stupid.

I'm sorry but I'm being 100% honest.

wickerman1893
Jul 25, 2011, 12:57 AM
I think you need to find your right audience, MacRumors is definitely not the place imo. In fact, the specific audience you're aiming for will be very small I would think...

I'm not sure how a "soundboard" can sound "professional" and at the same time "be fun to mess around"... I'm sure all it's good for will be for messing around, but outside of your family and friends I'm not sure if anyone will be willing to spit out the 99 cents to buy something... useless... unless that person was drunk and stupid.

I'm sorry but I'm being 100% honest.

Heyyy that's alright thats what I'm looking for! I'm just hoping to find an audience out there that will like to use it just to have some animal sounds at the palm of there hand lol. My goal is to get about 500 downloads as soon as I can. But of course I have high expectations.