PDA

View Full Version : new iPad 2 owner: Need Business App Recommendations

erkanasu
Jul 21, 2011, 09:38 PM
Hey guys, my white iPad 2 just arrived! super excited. I was hoping some of you guys might be able to recommend some great apps for me. I'm a business owner, and beyond email/safari purposes, I was hoping I find some apps to do the following:

a) interactive team brainstorm sessions (i.e. draw/write on the screen and pass it around)
b) viewing legal documents and having on-screen signatures
c) journaling
d) mind mapping
e) anything else you guys might think would be sweet

thank you very much!

S.Jobs
Jul 21, 2011, 09:54 PM
well here is my list:
pages (9.99)
keynote (9.99)
number (9.99)
adobe ideas (free)
good reader (4.99)
noteshelf (dont know)

dacalo
Jul 21, 2011, 10:14 PM
eNote Taker for hand writing
Chronicle for journals
Notability for notes

robdam1001
Jul 21, 2011, 10:15 PM
http://notesplusapp.com/

Panch0
Jul 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
iPad 2 is a great device, but it sounds like you are hoping to get some handwriting apps going. I think you may be underwhelmed by that. Drawing stick figures & diagrams is one thing. A legible signature is another...

There are a bunch of notetaking Apps available. My favorite is Notes+ (or maybe it's NotesPlus). I find that I am able to get legible notes from that one more consistently.

You'll want a stylus (No matter what Steve says, a finger is not a good writing device). I've used several and my Favorite is the BoxWave. Bamboo (Wacom) recently released a stylus that looks promising, but I haven't tried it. They also released a free notepad type app that you might want to download - just search for Wacom in the app store.

There are some really nice diagraming apps available that may be better for the kind of design collaboration you were talking about, but they may be focused on a specific type of diagram, so you'll have to look around. For example, I occasionally work on software and I found an app called iMockups that is GREAT for wire-framing a UI. That may or may not have any applicability for your business, but there is probably something out that does.

Look up the App "Omni Graffle" - it's similar to Visio. The company that makes it (Omni) also has a mind-mapping app, but I can't remember the name. I have never used that App, but Omni has a great rep for both OS X and iOS software.

AbyssImpact
Jul 21, 2011, 10:16 PM
well here is my list:
pages (9.99)
keynote (9.99)
number (9.99)
adobe ideas (free)
good reader (4.99)
noteshelf (dont know)

Adobe ideas aint free

S.Jobs
Jul 21, 2011, 10:28 PM
Adobe ideas aint free

i bought it when it was free, now it is 5.99, thanks for catching that

roberthodgson
Jul 22, 2011, 06:39 AM
Quick sale ( for invoicing)

Shoefly22
Jul 22, 2011, 02:40 PM
Not sure of the prices, but suggestions are:

Good Reader for PDFs
Drop box, a flash drive in the cloud.
Notability, makes notes and can record meetings. The genius of it is that it puts a time marker at the beginning of each line so you can find a recording section easily
Simple Mind is a free mind mapping software
Dragon Dictation, dictates recordings reasonable enough for a free app

Jokerad7
Mar 23, 2012, 04:06 PM
My colleagues and me use BrainSqueezer.
It's a collaborative brainstorming by design app for iPad.
http://brain-squeezer.com