Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
so i bought the juice pack air on sunday not researching enough on the air and the plus.

while i like the design better as far as looks on the air the battery really does not perform well enough for 80.00

anyone try both ?
what did you end up with ?

thanks in advance

rapaleeman

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2010
I have both and prefer the Plus. Not just for the bigger battery but because it feels like a Juice Pack Air with an Apple Bumper on it. Buttons are that "metal feeling" and the case seems more solid.

Battery usually takes my phone from almost dead to full charge with some juice to spare. The air never charged my phone completely. It would take it from 3 or 4% to the upper 90s. Close but not quite 100%.

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
The Plus is definitely the better of the two. It adds a shock proof band that looks a lot like an Apple bumper and the battery actually charges the phone fully from dead.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
Well I returned the air today and paid extra for the plus not sure I like it though. Def can tell it's a Lil thicker than the air.

But the buttons are allot better and the case seems to fit better. Can't decide yet will have to see after a couple of days. Also can u guys confirm this :

When a full charge do all 4 lights stay lit on the bottom ?
The air all four would stay lit till u unplug

Thanks again for your input

joshwithachance

macrumors 68010
Dec 11, 2009
Well I returned the air today and paid extra for the plus not sure I like it though. Def can tell it's a Lil thicker than the air.

But the buttons are allot better and the case seems to fit better. Can't decide yet will have to see after a couple of days. Also can u guys confirm this :

When a full charge do all 4 lights stay lit on the bottom ?
The air all four would stay lit till u unplug

Thanks again for your input

Yes, once the 4th light becomes solid the case is fully charged:)

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
So on the plus the 4th light stays solid till u unplug ?
That suks can't leave it on the nightstand if that's the case.

Sean006

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Dec 23, 2008
I'm still on the fence about the plus. Too bulky. I can tell a big diff between the air and plus as far as size

Prob return the plus for the air. Don't need a full charge just a jump in the middle of the day.

Orlandorealtor

macrumors regular
Jul 14, 2010
winter garden,fl
Bought a plus and love it! To me it feels comfortable to hold and I don't mind the little extra bulk. Beware of people selling Mophies cheap on Ebay. There are counterfeit ones out and they look just like the originals. Don't work as well. I know because I bought one and it the plug-in came loose,sent it back to Mophie for repairs and that is when they informed me it was counterfeit. Got one from Mophie and no problems at all so far. Can tell the difference now that I have had them both, the Mophie is made better and works better. :)

Last edited:

Ramonn

macrumors member
Apr 18, 2012
I bought the Air on eBay and it just arrived. To be honest I didn't expect them to be this thick and there is no way me putting on the upper case because it really destroys the button feeling- can't really reach the buttons anyway.

If the Plus version is thicker then I think I made the right choice and I'm not too fussy about the battery - I only needed perhaps an extra 50% so no more worries at work and Uni.

If any of your friends have either Plus or Air I think you should see what it's like and how they feel. You may like Plus or Air or you may not want to use them at all!!

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
so what's the setting for charging this overnight? - with the switch in the red or green position to get both batts? Or does it not matter?

MastahRiz

macrumors 6502
Aug 7, 2010
so what's the setting for charging this overnight? - with the switch in the red or green position to get both batts? Or does it not matter?

It doesn't matter really, but they say the phone juice will last longer if you leave it in the on position.

glen e

macrumors 68030
Jun 19, 2010
Ft Lauderdale
thx....green it is....I run all day with the air in red not using it...then switch to green at about 4 pm - works good to get me thru the day until I get home at 8 or so...

migdaddy

macrumors 6502
Apr 27, 2012
I have the air. I just plug it in every night regardless if I use or not. It charged the phone so why not. Easier than having to take the case off, switching cords, etc. And the air is good. Ive gotten used to the weight. When the mophie is fully charged, its charged the iPhone 60%. So if im at 10%, it will bring me up to 70%. I have no reason to get the other one, until this one craps out. The ONLY criticism I have is the LED lights on the bottom. When its plugged in to charge, the lights flash ALL night, even if its fully charged. So i have to turn it away from me on the nightstand. Annoying.

xAnthony

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2010
whn I'm not using this for days at a time should I keep plugged in to charge or put away unplugged?

When you're not going to be using it for a while, fully charge it and then store it away. Don't keep it plugged in.

RainbowDash

macrumors newbie
Nov 27, 2015
So on the plus the 4th light stays solid till u unplug ?
That suks can't leave it on the nightstand if that's the case.

Jesus Christ on a stick! The conplaining! Morphie is the best you're going to get in a battery case. If it doesn't please you, nothing will. Return the case and I'll call for a wambulance.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.