Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jog-on

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 21, 2011
So I got Lion installed this morning, seems OK so far. Been watching a video on youtube about the gestures and half of them dont seem to be working with the magic mouse...ie pinch to zoom to name one.

do you need a trackpad to take full control of the gestures?

iGrouch

macrumors member
Jul 28, 2007
Off Ramp M50
So I got Lion installed this morning, seems OK so far. Been watching a video on youtube about the gestures and half of them dont seem to be working with the magic mouse...ie pinch to zoom to name one.

do you need a trackpad to take full control of the gestures?

From initial use it seems that indeed a trackpad is the way to go....

That being said I am trying every trick in the book to see if I can get my die hard mouse to do as much as possible. Any suggestions welcome.

I am currently trying to get control of shifting through desktops in Mission Control (MC). In the final release if you click one of the desktop tiles at the top of MC you are brought to that desktop. The behaviour was different in some of the developer previews.

The keyboard short cut ctrl and left and right arrows does this. It is only a matter of mapping this to one of my mouse buttons but for the life of me no luck so far. Tried USBOverdrive mapped to the Mission Control app but the clicks don't get through.

steezy1337

macrumors 6502
Dec 29, 2008
Carlisle, UK
i think it's made to be used with a trackpad but there's always BetterTouchTool that should be able to do most of the gestures you're missing.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.