PDA

View Full Version : Buying new MacBook Air in Best Buy US

EchoPure
Jul 22, 2011, 02:27 AM
Hey,

Do the Best Buys in the states check for a student ID for the education discount? I'm from Vancouver planning to drive down to the Bellingham Best Buy to buy the new Air. I have a Canadian university student ID, will they still give me $50 off and $100 Best Buy gift card?? Anyone know? Thanks

Minhthien
Jul 22, 2011, 02:38 AM
Hey,

Do the Best Buys in the states check for a student ID for the education discount? I'm from Vancouver planning to drive down to the Bellingham Best Buy to buy the new Air. I have a Canadian university student ID, will they still give me $50 off and $100 Best Buy gift card?? Anyone know? Thanks

Are you planning to paid double tax? Washington 8.9% + HST 12%? Those Canadian border try to squeeze every penny out of you! The other day I came back with 2 brand new True Religion pant and while paying them HST($60) they ask me if the pant i was wearing brand new? wtf I had those pant for over a year!

EchoPure
Jul 22, 2011, 02:58 AM
Are you planning to paid double tax? Washington 8.9% + HST 12%? Those Canadian border try to squeeze every penny out of you! The other day I came back with 2 brand new True Religion pant and while paying them HST($60) they ask me if the pant i was wearing brand new? wtf I had those pant for over a year!

Well I was gonna sneak the Air in my back pack lol. I would just say that I went to Bellisfair to buy a few T shirts :)

Duke15
Jul 22, 2011, 02:33 PM
Im wondering the same thing, the canadian bestbuy only offers MS office for free with it...I usually just say i bought some clothes, youll be fine