Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitabhbansal

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 8, 2011
Delhi, India
Friends
I have intel based macbook pro 17" and iMac 27" they came with snow leopard pre installed and i received 2 disc each with them, now as i have Lion dvd and if i perform a clean installation of lion then do i need drivers or not? And how the lion will get all the drivers, i have received 1 snow leopard dvd and the other one is applications dvd. Dont know what to do.
Please help
Thanks

fabian9

macrumors 65816
Nov 28, 2007
Bristol, UK
Friends
I have intel based macbook pro 17" and iMac 27" they came with snow leopard pre installed and i received 2 disc each with them, now as i have Lion dvd and if i perform a clean installation of lion then do i need drivers or not? And how the lion will get all the drivers, i have received 1 snow leopard dvd and the other one is applications dvd. Dont know what to do.
Please help
Thanks

Depends on the peripherals that you want to use with your computers. But no, you don't need drivers for anything in your computer as is, they are all included in the Lion installation.

The second DVD that comes with new macs contains applications such as iLife, iPhoto, iMovie, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.