Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
It's probably related to bad preferences, but I can't make the three-finger tap work...is anyone facing the same problem?

p.s.: The lookup keyboard shortcut works, so the issue is not in the feature itself...

Thanks!

p.s.2: Safari 5.1 with Private Mode seems to completely forget saved website logins entered BEFORE the Private Mode started...is this a feature or a bug?

A01

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
I have the three finger double tap working about 10% of the time. It only seems to work when used on text in application header bars. Trying to do it on text from a webpage or document or anything, doesn't work.

Thats my experience at least.

A shame, because I was quite wowed by this feature. Wish I could get it working with all text anywhere.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
I have the three finger double tap working about 10% of the time. It only seems to work when used on text in application header bars. Trying to do it on text from a webpage or document or anything, doesn't work.

Thats my experience at least.

A shame, because I was quite wowed by this feature. Wish I could get it working with all text anywhere.

Well, it only works for now with native Apple apps such as Safari and TextEdit - so webpages should benefit from that as well...

I will try erasing trackpad preferences and logging out...we'll report back if this works.

seetheforest

macrumors regular
Dec 24, 2010
I have found that it is hit or miss in many situations. Works on Safari and Mail but not on PDF's in Preview. Hopefully it becomes more unified in the future. (the same with the autocorrect function... why doesn't that work in iChat?)

A01

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
Ah, I didn't realise it was for Apple apps only. I figured it was a system wide thing. It does work in Safari! I was using Opera, so thats why I had no luck.

So I guess it works just fine for me, if its just limited to Apple apps.

Original poster
Apr 17, 2005
Currently in Switzerland
Ah, I didn't realise it was for Apple apps only. I figured it was a system wide thing. It does work in Safari! I was using Opera, so thats why I had no luck.

So I guess it works just fine for me, if its just limited to Apple apps.

Problem is: for me it hasn't worked even in Safari; at least so far.

cas85

macrumors regular
May 4, 2010
sorry i just tried mine and it works. however, last night i encountered a bug where the pinch to zoom in safari just quit working. i just force quit safari and restarted and it worked fine since though.

A01

macrumors newbie
Feb 26, 2011
I have the 3 finger drag gesture disabled, if that helps? Maybe thats conflicting with it if you aren't particularly accurate with your gestures.

I have all other gestures enabled. Can't offer any more help, sorry.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.