Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

eddiesudz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Just chatted with MacMall and they are roughly $80.00 higher than the Apple Store. Am almost ready to pull the trigger on an i7 with Education Store pricing. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on saving a few more pennies....

Thanks in advance.

Outrigger

macrumors 68000
Dec 22, 2008
Just chatted with MacMall and they are roughly $80.00 higher than the Apple Store. Am almost ready to pull the trigger on an i7 with Education Store pricing. Just wondering if anyone has a suggestion on saving a few more pennies....

Thanks in advance.

I thought the minis aren't qualified for edu. discounts?

youarethegovt

macrumors newbie
Apr 21, 2009
I've paid for my mini through a small little retailer named Amazon.com...for some reason, they are behind Best Buy in terms of getting them in stock and shipped.

eddiesudz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2009
If your, or a neighboring, state has it, wait about two weeks for tax free holiday. :)

Well.... I just checked online and good ole California does not have a tax free holiday in 2011.....

Sure would be nice to save that extra $76.00 though!

Mr.C

macrumors 603
Apr 3, 2011
London, UK.
I just ordered one from the Apple online store here in the UK. There is no way to avoid sales tax here so it doesn't really matter where you buy it from. That said mine is a customised build so I had no choice.

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2009
The Edu discount for the Mac mini is $20, you just can't get the $100 iTunes card with the minis. Gotta buy the MacBook air, MacBook pro, or iMac to get the $100 card

i called the Apple Store and the mac mini is eligible....My wife (in grad school) is purchasing one for me :)
-Rippey

slyseekr

macrumors member
Jul 6, 2010
Brooklyn, NY
Bought mine yesterday at the SoHo Apple Store. My educational discount somehow came out to $50 w/ 8% off accessories (also got the wireless keyboard and magic trackpad) and a $100 iTunes Gift card.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

Daud

macrumors regular
Oct 23, 2008
Edu pricing and BTS promotion

The last 2 posters must be lucky.

"PRODUCT ELIGIBILITY: Only the following Apple Computers qualify for this promotion: iMac, MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, and Mac Pro
(“Apple Computers”). Configure-to-order versions of these Apple Computers qualify for this offer. Refurbished Apple Computers do not qualify.
Mac mini does not qualify."

This is on the online Edu store, where the discount is only $21.

I hoped to go through 5% off Discover card and reap the other benefits, too...

Then called local store: $579, no BTS promotion..

Last edited:

toss002

Suspended
Jul 16, 2007
Huntington Beach, CA
Delivered the day after. Ordered on-line Wednesday through Apple website. Got it today (Friday). :)

I'm in SoCal.

Note: Via UPS, the box seemed to have been battered on one side, but the interior materials held up to cushion it. I'm not that picky, works perfectly. Just a little bad luck.

Also got Magic Track and Bluetooth keyboard.

Overall, I'm happy.

mrrippey

macrumors regular
Apr 7, 2009
Bought mine yesterday at the SoHo Apple Store. My educational discount somehow came out to $50 w/ 8% off accessories (also got the wireless keyboard and magic trackpad) and a $100 iTunes Gift card.

Pretty sweet deal if you ask me!

exactly what i plan on doing tomorrow (but I have a magic mouse) but I'm getting mine at Short Hills, NJ store or Menlo Park, NJ....

-Rippey

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Aug 8, 2010
Best Buy $769.99 or $569.99

I got my 2.5 i5 mini from Best Buy, they have them on sale for $769.99 and the lower 2.3 i5 for $569.99. They have both instock in my area, but did not have any of the new macbook airs.

srf4real

macrumors 68040
Jul 25, 2006
paradise beach FL
Wednesday after lunch, I purchased a cto mini server from the Apple online store and called in to change my order from two 750GB hdd to the 750 + 256 ssd. While speaking with the friendly Apple rep she said that my order would be built immediately and then shipped from overseas. Expecting a UPS package next Wednesday thru Friday.. but it hasn't shipped yet according to my order tracking number. Having it delivered to my business to be sure that someone is there to sign for it. Picking up extra ram locally to max it out at 8GB.:)

MattyO

macrumors regular
May 14, 2011
best buy online

shows in stock online, but when you order it they send you an email saying it is Back ordered ... "will ship in 1-2 weeks ..."
bastards.

Vermifuge

macrumors 68020
Mar 7, 2009
Wednesday after lunch, I purchased a cto mini server from the Apple online store and called in to change my order from two 750GB hdd to the 750 + 256 ssd. While speaking with the friendly Apple rep she said that my order would be built immediately and then shipped from overseas. Expecting a UPS package next Wednesday thru Friday.. but it hasn't shipped yet according to my order tracking number. Having it delivered to my business to be sure that someone is there to sign for it. Picking up extra ram locally to max it out at 8GB.:)

I ordered the i7 dual core upgraded mini the day it was announced from apple.com and it has yet to ship. I wonder if any of the i7 units have shipped?

eddiesudz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 30, 2009
Just placed my order on Amazon.com. It's a pre-order but was able to get Free Shipping and No Tax..... Saved a decent chunk of change.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.