Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Agent OrangeZ

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Mar 17, 2010
Planet Earth
There is a great new plugin called Maximizer by chwpn (iPhone Dev Team) for use with SIMBL! It makes EVERY app full screen compatible!

#1. Download and install SIMBL here.

#2. Download Maximizer here. (Zip file)

#3. Unzip Maximizer and copy to /Library/Application Support/SIMBL/Plugins

#4. Restart (Not sure if necessary, but I did)

Screenshots of Firefox with Full Screen Mode:

2ujt4w1.jpg

15znjbs.jpg

vmzup5.jpg

Last edited:

Wormald

macrumors regular
Jun 10, 2011
London
Working for me, excellent plugin!

One small shortcoming - apps don't remember if they were in fullscreen mode, so you have to reassign them every time you open them, unlike the natively-supported fullscreen apps.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
Working great here too. A restart or logout was not necessary either. I haven't really used full-screen much since the number of apps that support it is limited at this point. With this plugin I may actually start to use it since it can be used on 3rd party apps now.

buckers

macrumors 6502
Aug 18, 2010
Anglesey, UK
It's been working well for me, but recently iCal has stopped working properly. If I turn a page, so to speak, it opens a new (but blank) space and tends to crash when I try and close said additional spaces. I'm not yet sure if this glitch is related to Maximizer or just iCal generally. I'll have a look into it at some point.

NameUndecided

macrumors 6502a
Mar 28, 2011
Thank you very much for sharing this! A reboot wasn't necessary for me (just a re-launch of applications that I wanted fullscreen enabled on).

Fullscreen Spotify! Yay!

Jenni8

macrumors member
Apr 27, 2011
CA
Works good so far for me. I had to relaunch the dock for it to work, no system restart needed here!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.