PDA

View Full Version : Lion Start Up Issue

rjsmith18
Jul 22, 2011, 07:15 PM
Ive noticed, when Lion starts, my Mac now has additional quick displays of the Apple logo on the white background after the Apple logo with the spinning loading icon appears. It will show the spinning logo, flash for a second, display the same Apple icon image without the spinning icon, then flash and display the logo in a slightly different color before beginning. Any possible causes/fixes? Here's a video to show:

http://youtu.be/y6XlZ2s7Ric

Thanks for the help! Apple can't seem to figure it out. They had me do a reinstall and still no solution.

hekokimushi
Jul 22, 2011, 07:38 PM
that is suppose to happen?!?

but which Mac are you running, 20 gear spins is quite slow~ are you on 5400 rpm HDD?

rjsmith18
Jul 22, 2011, 08:09 PM
I have the 7200 RPM Drive. And if you see other boot up videos you will notice after the spinning logo it just fades into the desktop. Mine acts as though it is opening an app. No fade in and the two windows after the spinning logo adds a few seconds.

Steve's Barber
Jul 22, 2011, 08:13 PM
It looks like your mac is loading a different color profile just before the desktop appears.

But if this is after a fresh install...

rjsmith18
Jul 22, 2011, 08:23 PM
It looks like your mac is loading a different color profile just before the desktop appears.

But if this is after a fresh install...

It's very odd. Apple can't seem to figure it out. I have seen it on a few boot videos, but no reason why it is doing it. I'm looking at my console to see what its doing during boot. There are a few errors.

daretorun
Jul 23, 2011, 12:35 AM
The exact same thing is happening to me and it's absolutely nerve wrecking. I think mine does 25 gear spins, but it's just so slow in comparison to SL. Did you ever find a solution? I'm desperate for one.

TheGdog
Jul 23, 2011, 12:53 AM
Mine does the exact same thing, but I did not see it as a problem. Just thought it was part of the boot sequence. Not sure why it does it though.

rjsmith18
Jul 23, 2011, 12:10 PM
The exact same thing is happening to me and it's absolutely nerve wrecking. I think mine does 25 gear spins, but it's just so slow in comparison to SL. Did you ever find a solution? I'm desperate for one.

No, I have not found a solution. I did send my boot log to Apple. They say it might be an issue to address in further Lion updates...

DandsM
Jul 23, 2011, 12:16 PM
Same color variation here

svkrzn
Jul 23, 2011, 12:32 PM
Same here, using macbook pro 5.3 2.8ghz

paulgray
Jul 25, 2011, 03:25 PM
Yea, I also get this with the addition of my backlight of the keyboard lighting up for a second before going to desktop. 2011 MBP

persiangod
Jul 26, 2011, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure why this would help, but it seems to have. I have had the same issue as you guys have, with the apple logo showing twice upon startup and some kind of color change before the desktop is loaded. I just read that if you if you click on the Airport icon on the top right, go to Open Network Preferences, and press - or delete the red LED's in the left column, it will significantly improve the startup. I was very hesitant about this approach but it seemed to have had a significant effect. You guys should try it and give me some feedback.

lurrego
Jul 26, 2011, 05:21 PM
same thing happens with me. Just to be sure this is a problem with a similar origin: I installed Lion as an upgrade, no clean install. Is that the case for everyone else with this problem?

rjsmith18
Jul 27, 2011, 08:15 AM
I'm not sure why this would help, but it seems to have. I have had the same issue as you guys have, with the apple logo showing twice upon startup and some kind of color change before the desktop is loaded. I just read that if you if you click on the Airport icon on the top right, go to Open Network Preferences, and press - or delete the red LED's in the left column, it will significantly improve the startup. I was very hesitant about this approach but it seemed to have had a significant effect. You guys should try it and give me some feedback.

I tried this and it did nothing for me. Doesn't even allow me to delete. Hopefully someone will find a solution...

Jakerz
Jul 27, 2011, 08:31 AM
Same problem here...even after a clean install.

tootall
Jul 27, 2011, 08:39 AM
same thing here, I thought it was normal...

VSMacOne
Jul 27, 2011, 09:00 AM
Wow... I haven't paid much attention to mine since I don't really restart that often, but I just looked at it and it took about 35 wheel spins to get to the login screen, AND it went form grey screen with spinning wheel to blue screen to login screen... whhaa?!!? :confused:

Additionally I tried it on my MB where I did a CLEAN install of Lion, and I see the same thing your video shows.

Weird...

Mightee
Jul 27, 2011, 10:44 AM
Mine has been doing it this whole time (upgrade AND clean install). I just thought it was a normal boot sequence thing in Lion. Whatever it is, I reckon it'll be fixed. .0 releases are always full of this junk. I'm more concerned about getting Spaces back. ;)

MacBoobsPro
Jul 27, 2011, 10:49 AM
Certainly looks like Its loading a colour profile.

rjsmith18
Aug 4, 2011, 03:19 PM
Certainly looks like Its loading a colour profile.

Thats what I noticed as well, but it seems to fail to do so. Guess we just have to wait for the next update!