Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ed4132

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 22, 2009
Honduras
Hi

I Just Upgrade to lion and found that Quicken don't work with Lion. I have several accounts for years, I have a backup file so I am considering go back to Snow Leopard.

Any suggection please

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Duff-Man says...

timeline.jpg

...oh yeah!

brand

macrumors 601
Oct 3, 2006
Duff-Man is correct. This has been highly publicized and well known for a while now. It is rumored that Apple is working with Intuit and building the Rosetta parts needed to run on Lion directly into the Quicken application. If Quicken wasn't too lazy to make a decent application for the Mac OS they wouldn't be in this mess. The best thing people could do would be to just stop using Quicken. If they felt it in their wallets they might get the message but I doubt it.

I would highly recommend checking the compatibility of your apps before any major OS upgrade on any operating system.

From A Buick 8

macrumors 68040
Sep 16, 2010
Ky Close to CinCinnati
Old thread i know, but i am just now looking at upgrading ti Lion. So has there been any movement on getting an updated version of quicken, or is there a program (like quicken) that does run on Lion that i can change too.

Duff-Man

Contributor
Dec 26, 2002
Albuquerque, NM
Old thread i know, but i am just now looking at upgrading ti Lion. So has there been any movement on getting an updated version of quicken, or is there a program (like quicken) that does run on Lion that i can change too.

Duff-Man says...again, searching the forums is a good idea, this is a very common question....a couple of the most recent threads:
what personal finance software app should I buy?
Replacement for Quicken 2007?
And those threads have links to several other threads....oh yeah!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.