PDA

View Full Version : Aspyr games "Intel integrated video chipsets not supported"

JD92
Jul 23, 2011, 06:59 AM
Hi folks,

Looking at getting a new MacBook Air, but while I was checking out some games on the App Store, particularly games ported by Aspyr like The Secret of Monkey Island and Civ, some of them said they don't support Intel integrated chips. Does this just apply to the really old Intel integrated graphics like the GMAs, or does it extend to the HD3000 as used in the MacBook Air?

tbobmccoy
Jul 23, 2011, 07:33 AM
Hi folks,

Looking at getting a new MacBook Air, but while I was checking out some games on the App Store, particularly games ported by Aspyr like The Secret of Monkey Island and Civ, some of them said they don't support Intel integrated chips. Does this just apply to the really old Intel integrated graphics like the GMAs, or does it extend to the HD3000 as used in the MacBook Air?

Apparently, most of their games aren't officially supported on the HD3000, but some of them are quite playable nonetheless. I just downloaded KOTOR (drool... best Star Wars game ever) and apparently it's pretty good for everyone on the HD3000, but the game is 8 years old so YMMV :D

Vazkor
Jul 23, 2011, 08:38 AM
Civ V supports HD 3000.