PDA

View Full Version : iTunes App Store Extends to 33 Additional Countries

MacRumors
Jul 23, 2011, 09:52 AM
http://images.macrumors.com/im/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/23/itunes-app-store-extends-to-33-additional-countries/)

http://images.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/07/35998.png.jpeg

Last night Apple informed developers the they had expanded the App Store to extend to 33 additional countries.

The list of countries include:
Algeria, Angola, Anguilla, Antigua and Barbuda, Azerbaijan, Bahamas, Bahrain, Barbados, Belarus, Belize, Bermuda, Bolivia, British Virgin Islands, Brunei, Cayman Islands, Cyprus, Dominica, Ghana, Grenada, Guyana, Iceland, Montserrat, Nigeria, Oman, St. Kitts and Nevis, St. Lucia, St. Vincent and The Grenadines, Suriname, Tanzania, Trinidad and Tobago, Turks and Caicos, Uzbekistan, Yemen

Article Link: iTunes App Store Extends to 33 Additional Countries (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/23/itunes-app-store-extends-to-33-additional-countries/)

Apple...
Jul 23, 2011, 09:58 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Go Belize! :D

King Flamez1
Jul 23, 2011, 10:04 AM
Image (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/23/itunes-app-store-extends-to-33-additional-countries/)

Image (http://cdn.macrumors.com/article-new/2011/07/35998.png.jpeg)

Last night Apple informed developers the they had expanded the App Store to extend to 33 additional countries.

The list of countries include:

Article Link: iTunes App Store Extends to 33 Additional Countries (http://www.macrumors.com/2011/07/23/itunes-app-store-extends-to-33-additional-countries/)

i've never heard of a fourth of these countries lol, great to see that they're still expanding just like their retail stores though :D

Hulk12
Jul 23, 2011, 10:29 AM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Alright barbados woot woot!!!

kevinsano
Jul 23, 2011, 12:12 PM
I never expected to see Suriname on this list.

Ass
Jul 23, 2011, 12:44 PM
Bring it to Kosovo :cool:

RoelJuun
Jul 23, 2011, 12:57 PM
i've never heard of a fourth of these countries lol, great to see that they're still expanding just like their retail stores though :D

I'm always amazed by how little most people know about topography. Especially people from North-America ;)

*LTD*
Jul 23, 2011, 01:15 PM
I'm always amazed by how little most people know about topography. Especially people from North-America ;)

It's "geography." ;)

nerdo
Jul 23, 2011, 01:20 PM
Ja jongen, die poppenfokkers deserve apps man.

I never expected to see Suriname on this list.

Great new way to teach children about the world: memorize appstores.. hah

RoelJuun
Jul 23, 2011, 01:44 PM
It's "geography." ;)

I'm not talking about geography in general, but never mind :P

macdonaldronald
Jul 23, 2011, 01:47 PM
Bring it to Kosovo :cool:

Learn geography (and international law) - there is no such country.
It is just a province...

S.Jobs
Jul 23, 2011, 02:12 PM
a lot of Caribbean islands

/\/\
Jul 23, 2011, 02:23 PM
It is just a province...

Independence: 17 February 2008 (from Serbia)

Or do you have other informations?

baryon
Jul 23, 2011, 02:29 PM
Yet still no iTunes store in Hungary!

kevinsano
Jul 23, 2011, 05:12 PM

The international recognition of that act of independence is a bit dubious though. Serbia doesn't seem to acknowledge it either, for that matter.

Ja jongen, die poppenfokkers deserve apps man.

Great new way to teach children about the world: memorize appstores.. hah

Hey man, I happen to be from Suriname :V

Darwing
Jul 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

What does that mean expands, could u not have an American phone be in the country and download from app store!?? Or go on the net and download iTunes??? I don't get it

Apple...
Jul 23, 2011, 05:20 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8J2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Steve Jobs:

"We're working on it."

Sent from my iPhone

:)

celo48
Jul 23, 2011, 06:17 PM

Yemen? Wow!

*LTD*
Jul 23, 2011, 06:17 PM

Csak nyugi. ;)

rawCpoppa
Jul 23, 2011, 06:36 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I change my region from USA to Trinidad?

Will I lose my current apps or will I be able to keep them but not be able to update them if an update comes out for an app not available in the Trinidad store?

Has anyone had trouble accessing their account info in iTunes? I am currently unable to change my payment info.

litchie
Jul 23, 2011, 08:21 PM
One thing amazing about AppStore is the reach to international customers. There are still many countries left out in the Android Market, and for Amazon appstore, it is US only. Apparently Apple did a great job.

laflores
Jul 23, 2011, 08:42 PM
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_4 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8K2 Safari/6533.18.5)

Can anyone tell me what will happen if I change my region from USA to Trinidad?

Will I lose my current apps or will I be able to keep them but not be able to update them if an update comes out for an app not available in the Trinidad store?

Has anyone had trouble accessing their account info in iTunes? I am currently unable to change my payment info.

You won't lose the apps you have downloaded, but some apps are only available in the US Store. The best thing you can do is to keep your US account and create a new one for the Trinidad Store (with a different e-mail).

I have an US and a Costa Rica account. I can download apps from both stores, when I have to update an app, the App Store Application (Mac) or the App Store (iPhone) asks me for the password for the respective account.

Riclic
Jul 23, 2011, 09:20 PM

Alright barbados woot woot!!!

Finally! Been waiting since 2003 (Yeah fah Bim and de udders!!!)

rawCpoppa
Jul 23, 2011, 09:32 PM
You won't lose the apps you have downloaded, but some apps are only available in the US Store. The best thing you can do is to keep your US account and create a new one for the Trinidad Store (with a different e-mail).

I have an US and a Costa Rica account. I can download apps from both stores, when I have to update an app, the App Store Application (Mac) or the App Store (iPhone) asks me for the password for the respective account.

Thanks for the info.

LeiQQ
Jul 23, 2011, 09:55 PM

I have lived in Taiwan for the past 7 years and kept using my US account without any problems. You just need a US method of payment.

macdonaldronald
Jul 23, 2011, 11:04 PM

How about - not a UN member because not enough countries recognize it?
How about - international law - from which stance - independence is not lawful (it is legal to declare it, but not legal separation (weird, I know)
How about - resolution 1244 of security council of UN which reaffirms kosovo as part of Serbia?
To remind you - kosovo was taken by force from Serbia, for "humanitarian reasons", because Serbs were "killing civilians" - couple of years ago european doctor who did the examinations of the bodies admitted evidence were fabricated and militants were dressed in the civilian clothes after death...
(And to remind you Osama Bin Laden was financing and helping separatists...)

And for so many other reasons that go against international law - it can not be recognized as a country - even though some of the strongest countries in the world want it...

So Kosovo is like a unicorn... no such thing:)

Ass
Jul 23, 2011, 11:33 PM
How about - not a UN member because not enough countries recognize it?
How about - international law - from which stance - independence is not lawful (it is legal to declare it, but not legal separation (weird, I know)
How about - resolution 1244 of security council of UN which reaffirms kosovo as part of Serbia?
To remind you - kosovo was taken by force from Serbia, for "humanitarian reasons", because Serbs were "killing civilians" - couple of years ago european doctor who did the examinations of the bodies admitted evidence were fabricated and militants were dressed in the civilian clothes after death...
(And to remind you Osama Bin Laden was financing and helping separatists...)

And for so many other reasons that go against international law - it can not be recognized as a country - even though some of the strongest countries in the world want it...

So Kosovo is like a unicorn... no such thing:)

Kosovo is recognized by leading nations of the world: US, Canada, Japan, Australia, and most members of EU. That, to me, represents the "world". Opinions of Russia and others don't matter - they are not on the level of the leading countries and should instead worry about themselves. And Serbia. Well, they have to accept the realities - which they did. They won't ever make it to EU without it. Kosovo will join before Serbia, I am sure of that.

nemanjaj
Jul 24, 2011, 12:52 AM
"Most members of the EU"...

You can't join unless they all recognize you.

And btw, I still don't see why is Serbia trying to join it...

And also - look at the map who recognized "Kosovo"

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/CountriesRecognizingKosovo.png/650px-CountriesRecognizingKosovo.png

Think about what percentage of the world population...

Ass
Jul 24, 2011, 02:03 AM
"Most members of the EU"...

You can't join unless they all recognize you.

And btw, I still don't see why is Serbia trying to join it...

And also - look at the map who recognized "Kosovo"

Image (http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/b3/CountriesRecognizingKosovo.png/650px-CountriesRecognizingKosovo.png)

They will eventually all recognize Kosova. It's just a matter of time. Nice map, by the way. I see all the most powerful nations recognizing it. Most of those who don't recognize it do not do it not because they are against it. They don't do it because they simply don't care. The only real opposition against Kosova is from Russia, China, and India - most corrupt nations on Earth. Their opinions are not really relevant.

Hulk12
Jul 24, 2011, 02:07 AM

Now to see if Netflix and hulu can make it to Barbados too

AmpSkillz
Jul 24, 2011, 05:11 AM
i've never heard of a fourth of these countries lolI'm always amazed by how little most people know about topography. Especially people from North-AmericaIt's "geography."I'm not talking about geography in general

lol, yes you were

AmpSkillz
Jul 24, 2011, 05:37 AM
I have lived in Taiwan for the past 7 years and kept using my US account without any problems. You just need a US method of payment.

yes... but that is because Taiwan is not really a country, lol

rawCpoppa
Jul 24, 2011, 09:08 AM
"Could not complete the iTunes store request. The store may be busy. Check your internet connection or try again later"

Anyone else getting this error message in iTunes when trying to edit region, payment or billing address info?

Mr. Gates
Jul 24, 2011, 09:34 AM
When will App stor come to small Island of Meepose ?

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_w6hi8MHvk3Q/R4RJm5yQrQI/AAAAAAAAAAw/4OG_GdUQPqY/s320/BronsonPinchot.jpg

Sjhonny
Jul 24, 2011, 01:01 PM
It is just a province...

Depends on who you're talking with. It's the same with the Republic of China (Taiwan), though there's an Apple Store (Link (www.apple.com/tw)). There're 76 states that acknowledge the existence of the independent state Kosovo. The US is one of them. So there's absolutely no reason for Apple (international law or 'geographically' :rolleyes:) for not launching a Kosovan iTunes Store.

BTW: The declaration of independence of Kosovo in 2008 has been found not violating resolution 1244 nor was it in any other way unlawful (in respect to international law) (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=35396&Cr=&Cr1=).

Sjhonny
Jul 24, 2011, 01:27 PM

Think about what percentage of the world's GDP ... more then 67% is represented on this image.

winston1236
Jul 24, 2011, 07:27 PM
I'm not talking about geography in general, but never mind :P

yea you were

nemanjaj
Jul 24, 2011, 07:39 PM
BTW: The declaration of independence of Kosovo in 2008 has been found not violating resolution 1244 nor was it in any other way unlawful (in respect to international law) (http://www.un.org/apps/news/story.asp?NewsID=35396&Cr=&Cr1=).

Yup - declaration is not in violation. Court has found that anyone can declare anything they want - they didn't tell is the independence in violation or not, or if recognition of independence is in violation.

Think about what percentage of the world's GDP ... more then 67% is represented on this image.

Maybe at this moment. Keep in mind that some of the countries in the picture are going to default... Every empire in the history has fallen, so will US/EU one.

writingdevil
Jul 25, 2011, 04:51 AM
yea you were

in reference to the post about how little we know about cultures outside of our own, the person you are "correcting" is using 'topography' in the more common way it's used in Europe,

we do have a huge country, but, of course, it's also an option to check things out that exist beyond the geographic limits of a person's home culture. easy to check on wiki.

UKBeast
Jul 25, 2011, 06:54 AM
yes... but that is because Taiwan is not really a country, lol

Taiwan is really a country i am 100% sure about it cuz my girlfriend is Taiwanese.

By the way, it is amazing to see Apple is stepping away from ignoring 3rd world support. Everything they do is for richer countries.

Sjhonny
Jul 25, 2011, 08:52 AM
Maybe at this moment. Keep in mind that some of the countries in the picture are going to default... Every empire in the history has fallen, so will US/EU one.

If one of these bigies defaults, all of them will. How do you think things will go in China if all of there mayor buyers wouldn't be able to buy anymore, there economic growth would stall completely. There semi-capitalistic system would collapse to, resulting in major uproar!

If the bigies default, there'll be global panic (all banks'll have to default to, since a lot of there assets become worthless (state paper), money will be worthless because there's no lien anymore for it, no one will be able to access there live savings, pensions can't be payed, companies can't get loans). That's why they'll never default. They'll nationalise banks and buy there own loans out, but they will never default willingly! The consequences of a nation like Japan or even Italy that defaults are enormous. I wonder how long Japan will be able to keep there AAA rating with an outstanding public debt of about 230% there GDP :rolleyes:

I think those countries aren't going to default, that's why I think you're counterargument is irrelevant. + the US and EU aren't empires like medieval France or the British Empire, they are ideas that live in peoples mind. As long as enough people believe in them, they exist. There's not one person (or a very small group of people) in charge, but hundreds, even thousands, so anyone can feel like: 'I have the mission to lead this people' and overthrow a gouvernement by reason/arguments. That's the big difference between democratic nations and empires, where the empire has authority over everyone but God (I know, most of the monarchs and empires where just puppets in the hands of there personal council, but then those men where in charge). If you want to overthrow an empire, you'll have to use force, not reason/arguments. Trying do destroy an Empire, is killing the Empire (and there heirs). Trying to destroy a democratic system by force is like hitting water. You can kill thousands of people, but they'll be replaced anyway, because they all share a common enemy: you. Kill off the 10 leaders of China, and the Triads take over the complete country and you'll find yourself in a very favorable position when negotiating. Wipe out the complete european parlement, prepare for severe retaliation.

nemanjaj
Jul 25, 2011, 09:26 AM
You know - US is not the only buyer of goods in the world?
Also - keep in mind that economies of US and China are totally different. US totally relies on other countries, and imports from them. US doesn't produce anything and is not self sufficient. They rely on service industry and let's say entertainment industry. One more thing US counts on is their military to provide steady supply of cheap oil. China however, is a self sufficient system. Even if there are no outside buyers - country can continue to live because it is itself a big market.
China is producing tangible goods that will always be necessary. So even in the case that other countries go bankrupt - they will still need some basic products, and considering most of those stuff is produced only in China - those countries will have to find a way to pay to Chinese companies for their products.
On the other hand, world can live without Rocky 57, Rambo 78...

bajanmacer
Jul 25, 2011, 12:35 PM
I consistently get this error message when trying to purchase Lion. Any mac user from the english caribbean speaking able to purchase Lion with their credit card

dfelix
Jul 25, 2011, 01:12 PM
How the hell is Curacao and Aruba still not on there?

rawCpoppa
Jul 25, 2011, 08:49 PM
I consistently get this error message when trying to purchase Lion. Any mac user from the english caribbean speaking able to purchase Lion with their credit card

I also get this error consistently when trying t edit payment info for my Apple id. I can't even change the region it's associated with.

SoftDel
Jul 26, 2011, 03:47 AM
I just wish I could get the iTunes store, where I live I don't have an apple store and the iTunes store isn't available, and are reseller won't be stocking the lion usb sticks, so I'm stuck on snow leopard at the moment :(

And I'm in a part of the UK, it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere

rbrian
Jul 27, 2011, 05:46 PM
I just wish I could get the iTunes store, where I live I don't have an apple store and the iTunes store isn't available, and are reseller won't be stocking the lion usb sticks, so I'm stuck on snow leopard at the moment :(

And I'm in a part of the UK, it's not like I'm in the middle of nowhere

Where do you live that is part of the UK but can't use the UK store? Gibraltar?

AmpSkillz
Aug 19, 2011, 08:54 PM
Taiwan is really a country i am 100% sure about it cuz my girlfriend is Taiwanese.

By the way, it is amazing to see Apple is stepping away from ignoring 3rd world support. Everything they do is for richer countries.

Thanks but I know Taiwan is a country

read the rest of the thread and you might just grasp that fact that I was simply making fun of previous silly arguments

By the way, my girlfriend is Filipino and i was about 200% sure that the Philippines was a country even before were were together :rolleyes: