PDA

View Full Version : B/W G3 400 Really Loaded not faking

MacBandit
Sep 26, 2002, 11:22 PM
I have a B/W G3 400 rev. B with 768MB of Ram / 45 gig Maxtor 7200RPM ATA / 6 gig OEM / DVD drive / Radeon PCI has S-Video TV out / Internal Modem / optional OEM SCSI-2 card / Internal Zip / 10.2.1-9.2.2 installed.

Get the full specs here http://www.everymac.com/systems/apple/powermac_g3/stats/powermac_g3_400_bl.html

I have a matching 17" Apple Studio Display also if anyone is interested.

I am interested in selling if I hear the right offer for one or both.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also I have an iMac 333 with 96MB of Ram / 6 gig OEM / 9.2.2 installed.

I am selling this just make and offer.

beez7777
Oct 2, 2002, 05:32 PM
nice, about how much are you lookin for?

MacBandit
Oct 2, 2002, 09:08 PM
Are you interested in the monitor also?

With monitor I'm thinking around $750+50 for shipping. I just haven't seen any others out there that are as loaded as this one. It doesn't have 10,000Rpm SCSI drives but the Maxtor 45gig 7200Rpm gives a constant throuput of around 30MB/s which has been more then enough for anything I have needed to do.

I have all the original boxes, packaging, manuals, and paper work. With the original boxes there should be no problem shipping.

If you think my price is out of order just let me know and we'll talk.:)

MacBandit
Oct 30, 2002, 12:41 AM
Okay I have this computer on eBay now for $700 with monitor. I have a really nice set of pics and a detailed listing of specs and accessories installed.

Please feel free to check it out.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2065399927

MacBandit
Oct 31, 2002, 10:18 AM
It's my Birthday today. It would be a nice present to me if someone bought my computer from me today.

maelstromr
Nov 1, 2002, 10:21 AM
Good luck man, but honestly, G4's are selling for less than $700 now. While you do have some nice additions, our trusty old B&W's just aren't pullin' in the dough they used to.

Seth

MacBandit
Nov 1, 2002, 10:33 AM
The local Apple store is selling stripped down B/W G3s 350Mhz with no monitor for $750. I don't know how they do it but they do. I searched eBay and there have been some recent sales of B/W G3 with hardly any ram or anything in them with monitors (granted they weren't very nice monitors) for $650-$700.

If this doesn't work out I might lower the price. I just don't think it's too much to ask. $500 for the computer and $200 for the monitor.

ddtlm
Nov 1, 2002, 11:52 AM
MacBandit:

When you are selling on eBay how do you protect yourself from getting screwed over? Do you demand payment before you ship, does EBay act as a third party in the exchange and keep things fair?

shadowfax0
Nov 1, 2002, 09:45 PM
I'm actually very interested, please PM with exact pricing for it WITH the monrior and WITHOUT, and you may be in luck, no guarentees though :)

MacBandit
Nov 2, 2002, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by ddtlm
MacBandit:

When you are selling on eBay how do you protect yourself from getting screwed over? Do you demand payment before you ship, does EBay act as a third party in the exchange and keep things fair?

You have a few choices. One is to do the transaction through a company like PayPal. They have a basic set of gaurantees in effect to protect both parties from fraud. You can also have eBay receive the payment and hold it until the buyer receives the package and checks it out. Most of the time though I receive payment first usually through paypal or some other form and ship the product when the money clears. There is a certain amount of good faith on the part of the purchaser. So far I haven't been screwed as a buyer or seller. I once received a package heavily damaged and the seller refunder all my money and I returned it at my own expense. I felt it was the least I could do since it wasn't his fault that the shipper played, "Ace Ventura," on the package.

irmongoose
Nov 2, 2002, 01:24 AM
Damn I think it's a great deal.. too bad I don't need it! If I did I would buy it from you NOW!!!

Good luck man! Whoever buys it from you is gonna get a great deal!

irmongoose

MacBandit
Nov 2, 2002, 01:32 AM
Originally posted by irmongoose
Damn I think it's a great deal.. too bad I don't need it! If I did I would buy it from you NOW!!!

Good luck man! Whoever buys it from you is gonna get a great deal!

irmongoose

Hey thanks. I agree, most people don't know what they are looking at here. I really put a lot into this thing.

MacBandit
Nov 7, 2002, 01:20 AM
Okay the first auction was over so restarted it. Here's the new link.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2068474651

maelstromr
Nov 7, 2002, 07:25 AM
Not to press this, but can't you see that no one is willing to shell out that money for this machine. yes your upgrades are nice, but at this point MUCH faster machines are selling for $700 on ebay.

MacBandit
Nov 7, 2002, 09:57 AM
Originally posted by maelstromr
Not to press this, but can't you see that no one is willing to shell out that money for this machine. yes your upgrades are nice, but at this point MUCH faster machines are selling for $700 on ebay. '

Actually I have a bidder for it. His problem is he is on the road. So he wouldn't be able to make payment until the end of next week. At least that's there story. So I made an agreement with him and restarted the auction I fully expect them to bid today or tomorrow.

I have had a lot of interest in it just a bunch of people that don't currently need computers or are way out of country and I'm not interested in dealing with payment and shipment to the Phillipines.

The much faster machines are selling with hundreds of dollars less in hardware and with in many cases no monitor or crappy monitors. This machine will be blazing fast with G4 upgrade. Also my local Apple store has been selling these things stripped with a 350MHz G3 for $700 without a monitor.

MacBandit
Nov 11, 2002, 07:00 PM
Okay everyone here is it. I have sweetened the deal. Everything I have listed before for $50 off. The going price is now $650 and you can find the ebay auction here (http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2068474651) .