PDA

View Full Version : Custom ringtones gone in Beta 3 and 4

wvphysics
Jul 23, 2011, 09:59 AM
When I updated to Beta 3, my custom ringtones were no longer showing up on the phone. They are still selected in iTunes to be synced. I had hoped updating to beta 4 might fix it but it did not. Has anyone else seen this?

Andy Ftw
Jul 23, 2011, 10:04 AM
When I updated to Beta 3, my custom ringtones were no longer showing up on the phone. They are still selected in iTunes to be synced. I had hoped updating to beta 4 might fix it but it did not. Has anyone else seen this?

I had a similar issue in beta 3 also, only 2/8 ringtones synced and it seemed to merge them with the default ones. In the end I just put them on via iFunBox. I have yet to try beta 4 though, nonetheless I'm sure it will be sorted before the final release ;)

Hyuga
Jul 23, 2011, 10:39 AM

As far as I remember it was in developer site that you have to disable ringtone syncing and re-enable it from iTunes, or something similar.

wvphysics
Jul 23, 2011, 10:46 AM
I wondered if that might do it, I'll try it when I get a chance today.

shandyman
Jul 23, 2011, 10:49 AM
As far as I remember it was in developer site that you have to disable ringtone syncing and re-enable it from iTunes, or something similar.

This. it was in dev notes, just take them off, put them back on and all is good and you can use them for SMS and Email tones, i think that's why we had to take them off and on.