Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twisster76

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
I upgraded to Lion last night but none of the Multitouch features work. I'm running a white MacBook 13 inch (Mid 2009) 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM. The swipe for mission control doesn't do anything, the swipe for switching apps, nothing, pinch to zoom, nothing.

Has anyone had a similar experiece? I've tried googling, but I don't see any body reporting much of any problems aside from booting issues.

I don't recall reading anything prior to upgrading that said some models would not be compatible with the multi-touch, and feel like I wasted $30 if I don't get those features.

Any help, input would be appreciated. I'm a former Mac SysAdmin, but that was a while ago and I'm admittably rusty. 6+ years in the Wintel world will do that to you.

Thanks

gencode

macrumors newbie
Jun 6, 2009
Same problem, is it supported on Macbook 13?

I upgraded to Lion last night but none of the Multitouch features work. I'm running a white MacBook 13 inch (Mid 2009) 2.13 GHz Core 2 Duo with 2GB RAM. The swipe for mission control doesn't do anything, the swipe for switching apps, nothing, pinch to zoom, nothing.

Has anyone had a similar experiece? I've tried googling, but I don't see any body reporting much of any problems aside from booting issues.

I don't recall reading anything prior to upgrading that said some models would not be compatible with the multi-touch, and feel like I wasted $30 if I don't get those features.

Any help, input would be appreciated. I'm a former Mac SysAdmin, but that was a while ago and I'm admittably rusty. 6+ years in the Wintel world will do that to you.

Thanks

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
I have a mid-2009 mini and I can't get the three-fingered gesture for mission control to work. All the other gestures, however, work fine. Does anyone know of any fixes?

bp1000

macrumors 65816
Jul 7, 2011
Same here, pinch zoom not working, but 2 finger tap will still auto zoom.

Kashchei

macrumors 65816
Apr 26, 2002
Meat Space
This trick just worked for me; I hope it works for all of you as well. I was unable to move between full-screen apps using the sideways four-fingered swipe. I just went to the system preferences, selected my trackpad, and reset that particular gesture to a three-fingered one. Now the gesture worked as it should have. I then reset it back to a four-fingered gesture and it worked as well. If you are having phantom problems with mission control gestures that don't work, you might try this little trick before tossing in the towel.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.