PDA

View Full Version : AmpliTube - What are the best Amps, Cabs, Effects?

CaptainHighTop
Jul 23, 2011, 10:54 AM
Hi,

I recently downloaded the free AmpliTube package and I've been poking around in the custom shop looking at all of the different amps, cabs, and effects. I like the way you can purchase just the pieces that you want instead of having to buy the entire AmpliTube 3 package.

Are there any guitar players out there that use AmpliTube and if so, what are your favorite amps, cabs, and effects?

I'm interested in hearing about all different sounds and styles.

Thanks!

sporadicMotion
Jul 23, 2011, 12:08 PM
Hi,

I recently downloaded the free AmpliTube package and I've been poking around in the custom shop looking at all of the different amps, cabs, and effects. I like the way you can purchase just the pieces that you want instead of having to buy the entire AmpliTube 3 package.

Are there any guitar players out there that use AmpliTube and if so, what are your favorite amps, cabs, and effects?

I'm interested in hearing about all different sounds and styles.

Thanks!

I use Amplitube 3. My two favorite settings are the JCM800 clean but select the KT66 power tubes or a twin amp setup using a tweed and a blackface fender. I very rarely use the built in effects. I usually plug my pedal board straight into my DI. As far as the cabs go, you should take a look at some of the impulses available as they're WAY better than the speaker emulations that any amp sim provides IMHO.

The top two songs on my YouTube page were done with Amplitube 3 user fender emulations with the supplied speaker emulations.

pofv
Jul 27, 2011, 01:40 PM
I'm a big fan of clean, or cutting sounds. I am very used to the Fender Bassman which is close to the amp I own. I use that the most by far, it has a thick round clean tone and when pushed has a classic blues/rock sound. For a more cutting tone I prefer the Vox AC30. I used amp models of these 2 amps almost exclusively on my album which is in my sig, if you want to hear the sounds I got out of them. For effects I can't live without a tube screamer. My favorite distortion pedal by far.

What styles are you going for?

apphakr
Dec 11, 2011, 04:15 AM
If you want free stomps and presets visit this youtube video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-21qMruRx0

AdeFowler
Dec 11, 2011, 04:47 AM
If you want free stomps and presets visit this youtube video:

www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-21qMruRx0

Or you could just support the developer and buy the ones you need. :(

M87
Dec 14, 2011, 03:52 PM
I have Amplitube 3 but haven't used it that much. I love the Orange models. I'm mostly a high gain heavy metal dude and I find amplitube lacking in that department.