Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

srxtr

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 1, 2010
So I got my new shiny MBA, and I like to keep it shiny, but people I show the MBA to keeps touching the screen like they're expecting it to be a touchscreen, leaving fingerprints. I mean, seriously?? Does this happen to any of you guys??

Maybe I'm just being paranoid.

The Mad Mule

macrumors regular
Jun 27, 2010
The MBA screen front is glass like the MBP, right? If so, then that's not as bad as having a flexible LCD panel. I have a U3011 monitor, and my last roommate had this habit of touching the screen whenever he wanted to point something out. Made me want to slap his hand away and reprimand him like a dog.

R3P1N5

macrumors newbie
Jul 20, 2011
Punch them in the face; it's the only way they'll learn. ;)

It's one of the few things that really annoys me when i'm showing something on an laptop/monitor :/

Edit: better idea; start poking their face, telling them it makes you uncomfortable when they poke your screen.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
I just politely ask them not to touch the actual screen.

What I personally find more annoying is the fact that our natural body perspiration leaves residues on the palm area of the laptop when typing. I'm constantly wiping it off after I type, or even sometimes after I use the trackpad.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.