Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Jamooche

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
I am having trouble creating notes on my iPhone and getting them to sync with my host / MacBook.

I am using OSX Lion and have configured the Apple Mail program so that my email works perfectly on my MacBook, iPhone, and via my hosting service's webmail (I use this on my work's Dell computer). I created a note in Apple Mail and it synced perfectly with the webmail and created a new email folder called "notes." This folder also shows up in my iPhone's mail folder list.

Problem: The Notes app on the iPhone is still a standalone app and doesn't sync with the email notes folder. If I create a note in the Notes app it only stays in that app. When I check my account in the iPhone settings, the Notes it turned ON.

Is there a way to fix this?
Can I send an email from my iPhone and get it to become a note?

Thanks for any help!

Oh, and I'm typing this from my new 2011 MacBook Air...Love this new computer and I should have switched sooner!

Jamil

Jamooche

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jul 23, 2011
Well, I found a work around, but I'm not sure if it's the best way.

Create a note or email on the iPhone and send it to myself. The email comes instantly to the phone. Then, move it to the "notes" folder. It shows up on webmail, and in Apple Mail in the notes folder. I guess it gets the job done and takes only 3-5 seconds longer then if it was doing it on its own.

Any insight on this?

Thanks!

jive turkey

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2008
I hope it is just a bug that will be fixed in the .1 update. I have had no problem syncing new notes, but I have had every note I've deleted in the last year reappear several times. How that is happening I don't know. :confused: So they are having some issues somewhere.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.