PDA

View Full Version : Apple developers program - how long after payment?

ddublu
Jul 23, 2011, 02:05 PM
Is there some sort of approval process to get full access to the ADP? Took the high road and paid for a year so I could give iOS5 Beta a shot but havent gotten final email yet.

jonrando
Jul 23, 2011, 03:15 PM
Wait a little bit, if you can't get in after awhile, I'd contact Apple. I'm not sure if there is a process you go through, but I don't think you are immediately given developer access.

DaveOP
Jul 23, 2011, 03:19 PM
It was about 24 hours for mine, and I received the e-mail the next morning with immediate access.

thunderbunny
Jul 23, 2011, 05:33 PM
Think 1-2 days is a reasonable time before becoming concerned.

ddublu
Jul 23, 2011, 05:56 PM
I was just activated. I downloaded iOS5 beta 4 and when through the installation steps but it says your device is not registered as part of the iPhone development program via itunes 10.5. How do I change that?

ChristianJapan
Jul 23, 2011, 06:48 PM
I was just activated. I downloaded iOS5 beta 4 and when through the installation steps but it says your device is not registered as part of the iPhone development program via itunes 10.5. How do I change that?

the easiest one is via the "Organizer" tool from IOS Developer program as part of Xcode ... that has a nice button you just press while the device is connected. Alternative you can go to the developer.apple.com page, login with your developer account and register your device as developer device. There is a function for that. You will need the serial number of your device for that .

ddublu
Jul 23, 2011, 11:07 PM
the easiest one is via the "Organizer" tool from IOS Developer program as part of Xcode ... that has a nice button you just press while the device is connected. Alternative you can go to the developer.apple.com page, login with your developer account and register your device as developer device. There is a function for that. You will need the serial number of your device for that .

Surprisingly not as intuitive as I would expect....I will look again tomorrow.

dejo
Jul 23, 2011, 11:23 PM
Surprisingly not as intuitive as I would expect....

What would you expect? Just curious.

firewood
Jul 23, 2011, 11:36 PM
Surprisingly not as intuitive as I would expect....

Don't expect intuitive, or you will be royally scr*wed. Apple's iOS entrance exam used to be on the order of 100 steps that you had to find, read, and carefully follow, or not be able to run apps on your device or submit them to the App store. They've made it slightly easier in the latest Xcode releases, but you can still get badly bitten if you don't read the instructions carefully. Major corporations have failed this exam.

ChristianJapan
Jul 24, 2011, 12:14 AM
Surprisingly not as intuitive as I would expect....I will look again tomorrow.

it hardly can get easier with the organizer tool ... just plug in your device and press the button "use for development".
Sorry, can't send you screen shot as I right now don't have a device on hand which is not already marked for development. In this case the button even disappear.

srxtr
Jul 24, 2011, 12:16 AM
I got mine done within 3 hours, although it did say "usually within 24 hours"

ddublu
Jul 24, 2011, 07:45 AM
What would you expect? Just curious.

I downloaded the beta ipsw file......opened up itunes and did an alt-restore. Ran nicely and then I have the bland iPhone welcome screen with all of the languages that say welcome...plugged into iTunes and it says "We're unable to complete your activation. This device is not registered as part of the Apple Development Program.

Fair enough...i then go to the ADP site and for the life of me can't find anything that says register device, etc.

EDIT: Found it in the Provisioning portal....problem is I can't get into my device to get the UDID....Downloaded Xcode now to see if that will allow me to show it.

ChristianJapan
Jul 24, 2011, 08:03 AM
Fair enough...i then go to the ADP site and for the life of me can't find anything that says register device, etc.

After logging into the Developer Program Pages

1. iOS Provisioning Portal
2. Devices
3. Add Device

For entering the device you need the device ID; details are described how to find it.

Good luck