Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

theman123

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 5, 2008
Is safari the best under lion? I like how chrome can go all the way full screen, but you can only leave full screen by exiting how and you guys know most of the bugs.

So is safari the best for lion?

gentlefury

macrumors 68030
Jul 21, 2011
Los Angeles, CA
Is safari the best under lion? I like how chrome can go all the way full screen, but you can only leave full screen by exiting how and you guys know most of the bugs.

So far, yes, safari is best on lion. It is lightning fast and you can sync bookmarks to all other macs/ios devices.

btbrossard

macrumors 6502a
Oct 25, 2008
Chicagoland
Safari - for now at least.

I used to use Chrome (I liked the bookmark syncing between all my computers, mac and PC), but it needs to be updated for Lion. It's a little buggy right now, but it does work.

Nuckinfuts

macrumors 6502
Jun 15, 2011
Syracuse, NY

Firefox 6 beta works better than Safari, my Safari with 7 tabs (without flash or java) took 1.2Gb of memory, Firefox with 11 tabs takes only 700Mb of memory

And no crashing for a beta, it's practically release worthy

adder7712

macrumors 68000
Mar 9, 2009
Canada
I'm on Chrome. I haven't encountered anything weird bugs.

Fullscreen is still not the Lion default though but they're working on better Lion integration. Chrome 13 or 14 already has implemented the intermittent scroll bar thing.

VTECaddict

macrumors 6502
Sep 15, 2008
I'm usually a Chrome user but I am back on Safari until I can use the swipe to page on Chrome without having to use a hack...

works fine after you change swiping to change spaces/desktops to 4 fingers and change swiping to change pages back to 3 fingers like before.

Rob9874

macrumors 6502
Jul 19, 2010
Still on Chrome. Fullscreen and swipe aren't deal-breakers for me. I'm used to Chrome, and until Safari gives me a reason to switch, I'll use Chrome.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.