PDA

View Full Version : MacBook Air 11" i7

adamsium
Jul 23, 2011, 07:02 PM
I'm going to buy the new MacBook Air 11 inch, and am considering the i7 version. I'd like to be able to go and buy it from the store, rather than order it, so I'm wondering if anyone happens to know if they carry the new MBA 11"/i7/4GB RAM/128GB SSD in any of the Apple retail stores in Sydney, Australia. I'm still not sure if I will go with the i7, particularly since I've read quite a bit about them becoming rather hot, and it seems like this is more of an issue in the 11" MBA than the 13" and I'm not sure how much additional performance I'd get from it over the i5, although it will likely reduce the battery life somewhat.

Also, I am planning to buy an iMac in the near future (the MBA will actually be my first mac). Are you able to connect the MacBook Air to an iMac via thunderbolt in order to use the display, etc of the iMac with the MacBook Air, as with the new standalone thunderbolt cinema display Apple has launched?

KPOM
Jul 23, 2011, 07:08 PM
Also, I am planning to buy an iMac in the near future (the MBA will actually be my first mac). Are you able to connect the MacBook Air to an iMac via thunderbolt in order to use the display, etc of the iMac with the MacBook Air, as with the new standalone thunderbolt cinema display Apple has launched?

Yes, this feature was introduced between the new MacBook Pros and iMacs when both got Thunderbolt, and it has been extended to the MacBook Air.