Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LimeiBook86

macrumors G3
Original poster
May 4, 2002
Go Vegan
I want to ask you guys and arn a question. I see rankings (if thats what you call them) next to some peoples screen names. Like if I am correct dukestreet has one. And on some names next to it I see like ummm... "Moderator" or "Demi-God" How does one get these titiles? I'd sure like to know. What are the duties/responsibilities of these people. I would really like to know. Maybe I can be one one day :) The problem is I'm at school most of the day so I can't keep my eyes on the fourms 24/7, but who can, besides arn that is. :D

SilvorX

macrumors 68000
May 24, 2002
'Toba, Canada
Moderator=someone who helps look after forums so arn doesnt have to do all the work and close threads that are spam/flaming and just keep an eye on things...

Demi-God=someone who has contributed to MR (buying something off the MR store site)

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
umm.. 6502 is over 500 posts.. and the next one is over 1000 posts, then 1500, then 2000, and so on.. ask arn for the whole list. Apperantly, its the names of teh old Motorola chip names used in Mac Classic and stuff...

irmongoose

MacBandit

macrumors 604
The chips used in the old classic and up macs are called the Motorola 68000 series Macs used the 68000, 68020, 68030, and 68040. If I missed one please let me know. Is it true that these are what these numbers represent in the titles?

szark

macrumors 68030
May 14, 2002
Arid-Zone-A
Actually, they start with the first Apple -- the Apple I -- which used the 6502 processor.

See this post for more details.

The processor designations just keep increasing as the post counts increase. jefhatfield is the highest poster who is not a Demi-God, and he is currently a 68040.

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by szark
Actually, they start with the first Apple -- the Apple I -- which used the 6502 processor.

See this post for more details.

The processor designations just keep increasing as the post counts increase. jefhatfield is the highest poster who is not a Demi-God, and he is currently a 68040.

That was an interesting thread. Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.