Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

meatweaver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
I ordered an MBA (11" 4gb) on Wednesday from the education store. I'm a U.S. customer. On that site, it said that education store customers would have the $100 gift card automatically added to their orders, but I've seen no confirmation that this happened or that my gift card is being shipped.

Does anyone know how this working? I hope I don't get a raw deal because of confusing/misleading instructions.

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
it is not automatically added you will get a screen saying if you want the gift card or not. It should be on your order acknowledgement email

If you don't see the Gift card for 100 on your order acknowledgement then sorry, you just missed out

Vihzel

macrumors 6502
Jul 9, 2010
After you selected your MBA and did any customizations, the very next page should have been Apple asking you if you wanted to add the $100 gift card to your order. You click Yes and the gift card should have been in the cart with your computer.

If you didn't see any of that, then your gift card was most likely not part of your order. If you did, then your gift card is on its way.

meatweaver

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 24, 2011
Thanks for the replies. I don't ever remember reaching that page (unless you're talking about the page where it asks whether you want an external hdd, printer, etc.). In any event, I called the Apple Store and got this corrected. They were really nice about it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.