Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jtp

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 24, 2011
Hi Guys,

Hopefully you guys can help me, but I have a slight problem with my new iPad2. I received this iPad as a gift from a friend about a month ago. When I first used the ipad, I registered everything under apple and checked the warranty and everything. Today, I did a ridiculously wonderful job of dropping the thing and now the screen is broken. I have seen from a few forums that if I were to bring it into an Apple store, they may replace it (one time) for a new one. However, I do not have a receipt. Will they still replace the iPad if it's registered and under warranty? Please let me know!

Thank you,

J

iVeBeenDrinkin'

macrumors 65816
Oct 17, 2008
Okay, I'll play. You're not going to need a receipt, because it's obviously an Apple product, and if the damage was covered under warranty, they would know it's still covered because it's less than a year old, so they won't ask for a receipt...They never ask for receipts, because they have all the info on their products stored by serial number. Having said all that, there is no guarantee they will fix your dropped, damaged iPad for free...this is not covered by AppleCare. Having said that, Apple has been known to surprise people.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.