Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
I have a Battle.net account on one e-mail address with 6 trial accounts (Wow1, Wow2, etc). I also added my WC3 and Frozen Throne serials.

I now created a new Battle.net account using my Gmail address, because the other account has become a real mess. I did this because I bought the full game on DVD (Cata included)
My question is whether I can somehow merge my previous account (so transfering all my characters as well) AND whether I can delete my WC3/Frozen Throne from the first account to be able to enter them into my new account.

I will also be downloading the full game client as installing from the DVD's has turned out to be a nightmare so far. I can't even install BC as it starts to update as soon as I finish installing Wow vanilla. BC can't find any install files (obviously because they've been updated). So I've given up.

But I would like to bundle everything into one, new fresh account. Is that in any way possible ?

macrumors 6502
Apr 6, 2007
England
As far as I'm aware, you cannot merge the accounts, but it's worth calling up Blizzard's support as I would imagine they could sort this out for you as long as you can prove that you're the owner of all of the accounts.

Dr. McKay

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 20, 2010
Belgium, Europe
Already contacted them, they need the secret question I chose for my first account. Naturally, I don't remember...

Why did you have 6 trial accounts lol

Because I started playing a while ago and wasn't sure yet I was going to buy the game. Starter Editions are new and before that, trials only lasted 10 days. So I played for a total of 60 days, starting from scratch every time, of course :D

Hintze

macrumors member
Apr 29, 2010
I basically had the same problem, I added my wow account to another battle.net account so I emailed the blizzard support, and they gave me a new cd key for wc3, so I could add to my new battle.net account. Don't know about the wow account though.

Miharu

macrumors 6502
Aug 12, 2007
Finland
AFAIK you don't have to install the games in order, only install the latest (Cataclysm) and forget about vanilla, TBC and Wrath. It really is best to just download the game client from the website.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.