Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayo123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
It just is, no explanation needed.

Check out bassresource.com , browse it on mobile.

I'm on an iPhone.

jayo123456

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 29, 2010
Really? I find the mobile site sufficient for browsing o my iPhone. It's snappy, easy to reply, and everything is at your fingertips.

browse bassresource.com on your iphone then tell me what you think.

btw, i might sound like an asscraft, but atleast I'm doing it for the good of MR.

mods, check out that site i mentioned, then compare it to MR mobile. You will know exactly why MR mobile is terrible in 2 mins tops.

Last edited by a moderator:

WillEH

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2011
United Kingdom
My personal opinion is that the MR mobile interface is not the best, but it's better than other sites. I myself use Tapatalk if I browse from my iPhone, but very rarely I do that.

bjett92

macrumors 6502a
Oct 22, 2007
Indy, IN
I wanted to test the site you suggested on Android, but it failed to detect my phone as a mobile device and I was sent to the full site. Failed usability.

Jethrotoe

macrumors regular
May 24, 2009
Somewhere over there.
Really? I find the mobile site sufficient for browsing o my iPhone. It's snappy, easy to reply, and everything is at your fingertips.

I might be in the minority here but I don't think it's that bad also. I in fact like it. When quickly checking in from my iPhone, I'm not looking for a "full browser experience". Maybe on my iPad or MBP, but from my phone. I'm just looking for a quick method of getting the latest news and posts. It works well for me.

BASRification

macrumors member
Sep 18, 2010
Texas
Yeah, Tapatalk is pretty good. Sometimes it shows duplicate threads but besides that, it is a good app. I use it for MR and 4 other forums I browse.

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I think perhaps there's some confusion in this thread over what exactly is being addressed. Are we talking about the article side of the mobile site (custom coding) or the forum side (a purchased product which even we don't like)?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.