Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wolfpackfan

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Jun 10, 2007
Cary, NC
Okay, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm too old to care. If I buy the 11" Base Model ($999) and after using it for a while I find that the 2GB of memory is too low, is there anyway to get additional memory added or am I simply out of luck. I know I should pay the additional money and get the 4GB model, but frankly I'm having a hard enough time justifying spending $999 on a laptop as it is.

stevenpa

macrumors 6502
Jun 28, 2011
Okay, I'm sure this is a dumb question, but I'm too old to care. If I buy the 11" Base Model ($999) and after using it for a while I find that the 2GB of memory is too low, is there anyway to get additional memory added or am I simply out of luck. I know I should pay the additional money and get the 4GB model, but frankly I'm having a hard enough time justifying spending $999 on a laptop as it is.

Then buy the MBP. You can't upgrade memory since it is soldiered on. $200 for 2GB more memory and more space is not a bag deal.

PaulWog

Suspended
Jun 28, 2011

$200 more gets you not only the 4GB of memory, but the 128GB SSD as opposed to a very limited 64GB SSD. I would recommend that you simply spend that extra $200. It's hardly any extra money over $1000.

There is no way to upgrade or change the memory afterward.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.