PDA

View Full Version : Ability to read (and edit) 1080/50P AVCHD from camera

ddong
Jul 24, 2011, 06:47 PM
Hello,

Anyone who own one of the last Air and a camcorder or camera recording in 1080P (progressive) with 50fps in High AVCHD (~25mbps), would you please let us know if the unit is capable of reading them (using vlc, movist..) and then editing in some programs (i use Sony Vegas, but it's on Windows)?

Thanks!

ddong
Jul 25, 2011, 11:02 AM
And of course, nobody has an AVCHD recorder here today... :o

d3zapped
Jul 25, 2011, 11:10 AM
If you had the URL to a sample file in this format I'm sure you'd find folks willing to try it for you. Have you checked, for example, that iMovie supports this format here (http://help.apple.com/imovie/cameras/en/index.html?lang=en_US), or are you only expecting the format to be handled by another 3rd-party application?

ddong
Jul 25, 2011, 08:37 PM
Well i'll try uploading a sample then, but if anybody here has one of those camcorder/camera (AVCHD HIGH, ~25MBPS PROGRESSIVE 1080P), please make the test :)

bp1000
Jul 25, 2011, 09:03 PM
Are they mts files?

My can is avchd 1080i and imovie has to transcode the files. 15 min clip took 8 mins to import. Editing is very fast and playing is no problem in imovie or with vlc.

Then rendering takes a while at full hd and laptop gets very hot and noisy.

Picture motion browser and sony vegas are easier and quicker as they handle the format natively and can easily import and crate avchd dvds