PDA

View Full Version : Sell 2010 MBP 2.66 i7 for 11" MBA i5?

agsstructures
Jul 24, 2011, 08:04 PM
Hello Guys,

I have recently found this forum and would like to know what the experts think. I am contemplating selling my MBP 2.66 i7 500GB for the new 11" MBA i5. The pro is very fast however the portability of the air is what is drawing me to it. I recently purchased a refurbished 27" iMac so that will serve as the main machine for important stuff to run my small business. As far as the 500gb hard drive I have only about 50gb currently full so I feel the 128 gb would be sufficient considering the iMac I purchased has ITB. I do not travel that much except in the NY/NJ area and have been using 15" MBP's for at least the past 5 years so I am very use to the screen size. It would basically be an even exchange because of the depreciation hit I would take on my pro. Also I have the matte high res screen. Would this be a significant downgrade based on speed? Should I keep my Pro? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

PaulWog
Jul 24, 2011, 08:14 PM
Hello Guys,

I have recently found this forum and would like to know what the experts think. I am contemplating selling my MBP 2.66 i7 500GB for the new 11" MBA i5. The pro is very fast however the portability of the air is what is drawing me to it. I recently purchased a refurbished 27" iMac so that will serve as the main machine for important stuff to run my small business. I do not travel that much except in the NY/NJ area and have been using 15" MBP's for at least the past 5 years so I am very use to the screen size. It would basically be an even exchange because of the depreciation hit I would take on my pro. Also I have the matte high res screen. Would this be a significant downgrade based on speed? Should I keep my Pro? Let me know your thoughts, thanks!

Nope it won't be a significant downgrade. In fact, you may feel as though it's an overall upgrade.

The 11-inch is what I bought... but if you're used to using the 15-inch Macbook Pro, you might want to consider the 13-inch Macbook Air as an option. The 13-inch has better battery life by a couple hours.

Anyways, I'd recommend any of the new Macbook Airs as being really nice products.

ZBoater
Jul 24, 2011, 08:15 PM
I don't think its a downgrade. Actually, because of the SSD, I think you will notice a significant increase in performance.

altecXP
Jul 24, 2011, 08:36 PM
Are you people kidding?

Slower CPU
Slower GPU
Lower resolution display
worse battery life

Just get an SSD in your MBP and it will crush an Air, while saving yourself about $600+