PDA

View Full Version : Capacity

wrinkster22
Jul 24, 2011, 08:35 PM
Hi,
I am thinking of getting a MBA, do any of you know the real amount of storage space on the 128gb flash drive. (I.E. A 32gb iPod only has 29gb of space kinda thing) How much is useable. i may get an sd card for storage to.]
thanks

Obscurelight
Jul 24, 2011, 08:37 PM
I think its like 117GB or so but don't quote me on that. Shouldn't be too far though

ExnomenDei
Jul 25, 2011, 12:52 AM
I think its like 107GB or so but don't quote me on that. Shouldn't be too far though

121, and that's after the recovery partition.

You're not. Sorry.

wrinkster22
Jul 25, 2011, 10:25 AM
Ok suppose I have a MBA with Lion, Microsoft office, Ilife etc... how much would i have. PS. does ilife come with lion, I am a little confused on what software comes with the air. Sorry I am a new user. thanks

Ubuntu
Jul 25, 2011, 10:27 AM
Ok suppose I have a MBA with Lion, Microsoft office, Ilife etc... how much would i have. PS. does ilife come with lion, I am a little confused on what software comes with the air. Sorry I am a new user. thanks

Yup, a new Mac will come with the latest iLife suite.

wrinkster22
Jul 25, 2011, 12:50 PM
Yup, a new Mac will come with the latest iLife suite.

does iLife come with keynote,pages, etc. or will those need to be bought seperatley (and for a cost of 10$each) on the mac app store? Are they as good as microsoft office in your opinion? I think I may just get Microsoft because of compatibility issues.

SPEEDwithJJ
Jul 25, 2011, 01:05 PM
does iLife come with keynote,pages, etc. or will those need to be bought seperatley (and for a cost of 10$each) on the mac app store? Are they as good as microsoft office in your opinion? I think I may just get Microsoft because of compatibility issues.

iLife does not include the iWork suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers). They are available for sale separately through Apple's App Store. :)

wrinkster22
Jul 25, 2011, 01:35 PM
iLife does not include the iWork suite (Keynote, Pages, Numbers). They are available for sale separately through Apple's App Store. :)

thanks, just going to get get micorosoft office then. How much space do you think that will take up?

ZBoater
Jul 25, 2011, 02:02 PM
thanks, just going to get get micorosoft office then. How much space do you think that will take up?

My Office for Mac install is 1.3GB.

wrinkster22
Jul 25, 2011, 03:59 PM
thanks. that is not that much space!