Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nexion21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
My iPad 2 is not recognized by iTunes, and restoring is not an option. Im looking for a viable alternative to putting music onto my iPad so it plays on any media player, I don't mind if it's not iPod. I've tried ssh'ing an album to my device, and if I use a program called AVplayer, I can browse to media/mewseek/imported and it will bring me to a specific file, but it is extremely tedious.

If you have something that can search my iPad and put the files onto a media player for me, that would be wonderful... Any suggestions are extremely helpful.

I'm willing to pay for a media player if need be.

Cooolpenner

macrumors regular
Jul 8, 2011
Try MediaMonkey. It's like iTunes, you'll be able to copy your music to your iDevice and use it with the iPod.app.

iMrNiceGuy0023

macrumors 68000
Jun 5, 2009
try deleting the iTunes.db file, I had the same issue. iTunes will now read your iPad

I think Mewseek causes this issue

Nexion21

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 9, 2011
Deleting the iTunesDB file did next to nothing. Media monkey doesnt work on Mac so that's also not an option. Is there any other programs that will put music on my iPad?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.