Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Titanium81

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
Would it basically be the same as a 13" MBP just slower for video encoding?

JR1993

macrumors regular
Jun 1, 2011
I have no experience with these programs, but as people are saying it would be fine, you might want to ask whether i7 is worth it, maybe i5 will do....

Titanium81

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jun 23, 2011
How would you compare the 13" Air Screen to the 15" MBP High-Res Screen?

Which one is the best for back-lighting consistency from top to bottom and over all picture clarity?

jmp51483

macrumors member
Apr 22, 2010
How would you compare the 13" Air Screen to the 15" MBP High-Res Screen?

Which one is the best for back-lighting consistency from top to bottom and over all picture clarity?

If you are this concerned with editing, I would go ahead and get the MPB 15" .. The MBA is designed to be a light portable machine that can handle basic tasks. Just so happens that the technology has moved past "basic" at this point. However in another year you will be in the same boat of the MBA slowing down as the applications develop to take advantage of the hardware.

Just my .02 cents but if you're buying the MBA, buy it for it's portability not its power.

aleni

macrumors 68030
Jun 2, 2006
web development and graphic works for website development don't need high dpi images to work in pixelmator. so the machine will be able to easily eat those tasks.

family video editing might take a little longer than the mbp 2011 lineup, but hey, it still does the job, only a bit longer.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.