Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

polbit

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 18, 2002
South Carolina
I have a strange issues since installing Lion (and running iTunes 5 beta). whenever I start iTunes, it keeps asking whether to allow or deny external connection. It never remembers the setting like it is supposed to.

The strange part is that if I turn the firewall off, reboot, then turn it back on and start iTunes, it will ask the question, then save it - I can see iTunes listed under firewall settings, with Allow Connections. However that entry seems to disappear after few iTunes runs, then iTunes starts asking the question again, and nothing is shown for iTunes in the firewall entries...

Any suggestions? Thanks!

kenny113

macrumors newbie
Jan 12, 2009
It's actually an issue with the signing of the iTunes app. For reasons I haven't pinpointed yet, this happens sometimes. Delete the iTunes app from your Applications folder (only delete the iTunes app, not your iTunes library or anything else), download the full install of iTunes from apple.com/itunes, and reinstall. The application should be properly signed now and the issue should be resolved.

shankara7

macrumors member
Oct 18, 2011
Had the exact problem when I purchased my iMac a few months ago.
Called tech support and they had me reinstall Lion, this did fix the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.