Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jw2002

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Feb 23, 2008
Has anyone successfully downloaded and installed a profile from a Lion Server to an iOS device? I have a simple profile consisting only of VPN settings set up, and I can download and double-click the file on an OS X machine and get right into the Server Preferences -> Profiles window where it would be stored. However, whether I email it to an iOS device or have the iOS point to the Lion Server profile manager URL and click on Install, I get the following message:

Code:
Unsupported URL

This URL wasn't loaded: prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList/InstallRequested&sender=com.applie.mobilesafari

According to Apple, this should work, but following it to the letter results in the above error:

https://help.apple.com/advancedserveradmin/mac/10.7/#apdA89D9C77-16AC-456C-A8BE-D2F3E15CE6BF

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
Has anyone successfully downloaded and installed a profile from a Lion Server to an iOS device? I have a simple profile consisting only of VPN settings set up, and I can download and double-click the file on an OS X machine and get right into the Server Preferences -> Profiles window where it would be stored. However, whether I email it to an iOS device or have the iOS point to the Lion Server profile manager URL and click on Install, I get the following message:

Code:
Unsupported URL

This URL wasn't loaded: prefs:root=General&path=ManagedConfigurationList/InstallRequested&sender=com.applie.mobilesafari

According to Apple, this should work, but following it to the letter results in the above error:

https://help.apple.com/advancedserveradmin/mac/10.7/#apdA89D9C77-16AC-456C-A8BE-D2F3E15CE6BF

I'm not having your specific problem, but profile manager is broken beyond use. If you get it working well enough, it will break the next day from nothing. I've got a client who wants it working in 17 days.. unfortunately I'll have to inform them that Apple just isn't the same company anymore.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.