Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SpaceMagic

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Oct 26, 2003
Cardiff, Wales
Tiger is £89 in the UK. All other OS Upgrades have been rrp £99. This makes me soo happy as now i can have an extra supersize meal at McDonalds + a caramel cream frapp at starbucks.

but wow! I'm so glad apple are adjusting their prices accordingly! Thank god for british exchange rate... maybe we shouldn't take a risk and vote for labour again May 5th? I dunno. (Not pluggin labour here... couldn't give a damn who wins as long as apple products get cheaper!)

AppleMatt

macrumors 68000
Mar 17, 2003
UK
SpaceMagicnow i can have an extra supersize meal at McDonalds + a caramel cream frapp at starbucks.

Well as long as you put that £10 to good use...

AppleMatt

mcadam

macrumors 6502a
Apr 3, 2004
københavn
Here in Denmark, at 999 kr, it's 200 kr cheaper than before... really nice. I wonder if it's just to do with the weak $ or it's part of a bigger strategy to make apple products (seem) more affordable - like the introduction of the mini and also the iBooks have become really cheap. It's good strategy imo :D

A

thequicksilver

macrumors 6502a
Sep 19, 2004
Birmingham
Undoubtedly the weak US dollar - were it anything else, the US price would have changed. As it stands, it hasn't.

Enjoy these slightly lower prices. Any news on the UK Higher Educational price? (I'm not at uni right now so can't access the HE site).

NATO

macrumors 68000
Feb 14, 2005
Northern Ireland
UK Higher Education price is £50 + VAT which takes it to £58.75.

Mac OS X really is a steal at that price. Definitely puts things into perspective when you look at the full retail price of Windows XP Professional at something astronomical like £350+

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
thequicksilver said:
Undoubtedly the weak US dollar - were it anything else, the US price would have changed. As it stands, it hasn't.

Enjoy these slightly lower prices. Any news on the UK Higher Educational price? (I'm not at uni right now so can't access the HE site).

I guess it was about time that the tables were turned on.

I just want to to cry that now that I am ready to travel overseas that the US$ is so weak. :(

I hate to say it, but maybe it is time for a stable "dollar" between trusted "partners" to encourage trade on a fairer basis.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.