Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

OutGolfn

macrumors regular
Original poster
Aug 8, 2010
This is definitely a newbie question. If I have both the sleep mode for disk/display enabled for 30minutes and I am doing a very large upload/download for hours will it stop it? Or will the system automatically sleep 30 minutes after the upload/download finished?

Thanks for helping out

Intell

macrumors P6
Jan 24, 2010
Inside
The download will prevent the disc from sleeping until the download is complete, but the screen will sleep as long as the computer is idle for the set time.

One thing, the disk sleeps at ten minutes idle. This time cannot be changed in the Energy Settings.

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
This is definitely a newbie question. If I have both the sleep mode for disk/display enabled for 30minutes and I am doing a very large upload/download for hours will it stop it? Or will the system automatically sleep 30 minutes after the upload/download finished?

Thanks for helping out
If the download/upload pauses for a long enough period, as they sometimes do, your system could enter sleep mode, preventing continuation of the download/upload. Your system will not automatically sleep after the download/upload is finished, unless that download/upload is uninterrupted. Use Caffeine to override your Energy Saver settings and keep your system awake.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.