Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Is it okay to clean the the screen of the new 2011 MBA with iKlear travel singles? I used these for my 2009 MBP but those screens were protected by glass in front of them while the MBA is not. Thanks!

marzxbarz

macrumors member
Apr 23, 2009
I would probably just use water and a microfiber towel. Using iKlear solution on the MBA gives it nasty smears -- similar to having a fingerprint smudge smear.

Water gets the job done quite well, however. :)

amitdoc2b

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 25, 2008
Thanks for your guys input.. I need a larger sample size... Anyone else?? :confused:

eba

macrumors regular
Mar 14, 2007
I would probably just use water and a microfiber towel. Using iKlear solution on the MBA gives it nasty smears -- similar to having a fingerprint smudge smear.

Water gets the job done quite well, however. :)

Agreed. No need for anything but water and a microfiber towel.

Pipper99

macrumors 68040
Aug 14, 2010
Fort Worth, TX
I used an iKlear travel single on a small area of my new iMac last weekend, and I can't get the smeary gray smudgy look off of that area. I've used several clean microfiber cloths with a lot of effort to no avail. I'm going to try water.

reclusive46

macrumors 65816
Apr 14, 2011
Canada
I used an iKlear travel single on a small area of my new iMac last weekend, and I can't get the smeary gray smudgy look off of that area. I've used several clean microfiber cloths with a lot of effort to no avail. I'm going to try water.

Was your iMac hot at the time? I've only ever seen that happen when it was hot.

Veinticinco

macrumors 65816
Feb 25, 2009
Europe
iKlear is perfectly fine. I've used those singles on old PB/MBP matte-screen displays for years without any smearing issue, never mind the latest semi-glossy MBA. Apple themselves use iKlear.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.