PDA

View Full Version : Location of an Application's Sandbox

francis21
Jul 26, 2011, 09:59 AM
Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks. :apple:

Sykte
Jul 29, 2011, 09:30 PM
Hey people! Well, I'm trying to create a database for my program (using sqlite3). And I just need to confirm that a database file has been created. Since I'm using Xcode 4.1 for Mac OS X Lion, the default location of the application sandbox has been changed. So I was wondering where I can find my application's sandbox. Thanks. :apple:

Open Xcode, go into Preferences, click on Locations, take a look at the derived data path.

Edit: Jiminaus is correct on the path. I guess I jumped to conclusions before reading your entire post. ooops.

jiminaus
Jul 29, 2011, 11:29 PM
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.

Sykte
Jul 30, 2011, 10:31 AM
~/Library/Application Support/iPhone Simulator/<iOS version>/Applications/<guid>

In there you'll find the application's app, Documents, Library and tmp directories.

Jiminaus is correct. Sorry for jumping to conclusions. I noticed my mistake this morning when I woke up.