Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

etcetera

macrumors member
Original poster
Jul 20, 2011
Nashville, TN
So I've never really used Mail before Lion, seeing as I primarily run Gmail and always found the website sufficient to my needs...Anyway:

I now have Mail set up with my Gmail and my work email. And it gives you two options for viewing your inbox: you can look at each inbox separately (for each acct) or you can list all of your emails clumped into one inbox.

I was wondering if there is a way to show both inboxs together in the left window pane but still have separate between the inboxs. I want to see a column with my Gmail, and a separate column (underneath it, preferably. Side by side would be too much space) with my work email.

Is this possible?

Last edited:

DustinT

macrumors 68000
Feb 26, 2011
As far as I know there's just two views. The combined view and the view the shows just one account at a time. I too sync my personal and business email into Mail and I just use the combined view most of the time.

jman240

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2009
Try this. Click the [>Show] arrow to show all your inboxes. Drag each inbox to the Favorites bar next the [>Show] button. You'll get a quick way to jump between your two inboxes and it will even give you updated unread messages counts.

Not exactly what you wanted but maybe close?

Attachments

• mail.jpg
    mail.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 66
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.