Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

drg-racr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
I have been waiting for the new Air to come out so I could make the switch to Mac and I ordered the base 13" Air from Amazon on Saturday..I also ordered my wife a 13" Pro. The Pro will be here tomorrow. When I ordered the Air it said it was out of stock and they would let me know when it became in stock and shipped. Now for some reason Amazon says it is only available from 3rd party suppliers(for about $150 more). Is Apple having problems getting enough of them out to different suppliers like Amazon? My order is still good for 1294.00 and I'm sure Amazon will get one in for me fairly soon but I was surprised Amazon stopped taking orders for it. I've been watching the forum here for a bit and haven't seen many posts about the 13" Airs on Amazon. Anyone have any idea's why they stopped taking orders for the base 13" Air?

Link:

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005CWHZP4/ref=ox_ya_os_product

illutionz

macrumors 65816
Oct 2, 2007
Rhode Island
None of the major Apple Authorized Resellers have the 13" in stock yet.
Macmall/Macconnection/Amazon/B&H only have the base $999 model in stock (varying discount level...and usually no tax!)

drg-racr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 26, 2011
Any ideas or rumors on when they will start getting the 13" Airs in? I figured if Best Buy had them they were going out to all the stores...online or otherwise.

technopimp

macrumors 6502a
Aug 12, 2009
None of the major Apple Authorized Resellers have the 13" in stock yet.
Macmall/Macconnection/Amazon/B&H only have the base $999 model in stock (varying discount level...and usually no tax!)

All of the Best Buys near me have all the 13s in stock right now (except the i7 model). I bought 2 today. :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.