Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JakeN488

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
I've been using Lion for about 5 days now and so far I'm enjoying the new features. My only gripe at this point is receiving notifications when full screen apps are being used. For example, when browsing safari in full screen mode I have no idea when I receive emails. While full screen makes the browsing experience great, its really a pain to keep swiping over wondering if I have a new message.

Any suggestions? Maybe a third path app?

Thanks!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
with all the fuss about IOS notifications...apple seems to have forgotten about this in Lion. anyway, Herald is a great find, am glad to have it...

JakeN488

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 4, 2006
It's really shocking apple didn't include a notification center a la the new iOS

Branskins

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2008
It's really shocking apple didn't include a notification center a la the new iOS

It's really probably a matter of time! They already have notifications in Lion. Can you imagine people complaining about too many notifications in OS X and the need for a central location for them? Now that would be funny :O

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.