Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Kafka

macrumors 6502
Mar 10, 2011
"for MacBook Pro and MacBook Air"
Your MBA is going to be floating inside.

I'm happy with my incase, but the one without a zip, couldn't find it now on the apple store.

The Bronx Bull

macrumors member
Jul 3, 2010
Yep - I picked this up at the Apple Store alongside my MacBook last week - love the case. Granted, there's no storage space for your power adapter or any other accessories, but this was something I preferred, since it keeps the notebook in a very compact package. Great materials too - go check one out in store.

Edit: after reading the above post, the one I picked up in store is made specifically for the MBA 13 and fits perfectly.

Edit 2: apparently this is not the one I have at all! There's no zipper on mine; it's simply a sleeve, but the entire laptop is covered and protected.

Scarpad

macrumors 68020
Jan 13, 2005
Ma
I use this sleeve for both my 13" and 11" air, I like that it is nice and form fitting, gives great protection Inside and out, and makes carrying the computer a breeze, plus it sill can be put into my larger Computer bag. There is a model specific to the air with no zipper

ender21

macrumors 6502
Jul 15, 2010
Southern Cal
Anyone use this case? I'm looking for something small that can carry my 13 inch MBA and maybe the power adapter also. Can't have it getting scratched so I might just have to do without the adapter.

http://store.apple.com/us/product/H5197ZM/A/Incase_Neoprene_Slim_Sleeve?mco=MjMyOTcwMDQ

I got that for my wife's MBA and just as Kafka said, the MBA is swimming inside of it. I was hoping for something a bit more snug like the zipper-less Incase Sleeve. I have the zipper-less one and find it a bit *too* difficult to get my MBA in and out of it.

Chopstick217

macrumors regular
Apr 11, 2011
Huntington Beach, CA
This is the one, perfect IMHO. However it looks like Apple stopped selling them.

Yes you must not be afraid to pull frankly on the flap, it's going to loosen up a bit.

Apple stopped selling them online. However, I found some at retail apple stores. Also, one can purchase it at best buy, amazon or at go incase.com ( but they are currently sold out of the black versions).

FieldingMellish

Suspended
Jun 20, 2010
I like the zipless one also. It does get easier to insert the laptop. The neoprene piping all around protects edges with a cushion like feel. Incase gets restocked fast. I got the slate and green this time so that my laptop is easy to spot on a TSA conveyor if they make me lay it out separately.

MJedi

macrumors 6502a
Dec 16, 2010
For anyone who has traveled with this case, do you still need to take out the 13-inch MBA from this case for the TSA? I have the 11-inch MBA and the 11-inch Incase, and I don't have to take it out for security scans. Just wondering.

Joel95

macrumors member
May 28, 2011
I'm planning to get the incase neoprene plus tomorrow, and probably wrapsol for my 13" MBP. My school bag already has a padded area in the back for laptops, so i think a hard case might be more adequate. Decisions, Decisions.

Obscurelight

macrumors 6502
Jul 22, 2011
NYC
For anyone who has traveled with this case, do you still need to take out the 13-inch MBA from this case for the TSA? I have the 11-inch MBA and the 11-inch Incase, and I don't have to take it out for security scans. Just wondering.

For 13" laptops, yes you do.

Apple Expert

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2010
I'm planning to get the incase neoprene plus tomorrow, and probably wrapsol for my 13" MBP. My school bag already has a padded area in the back for laptops, so i think a hard case might be more adequate. Decisions, Decisions.

Try phantom skinz. Their matte finish looks and feels better than wrapsol. Just my opinion.

CardboardGiant

macrumors regular
Apr 15, 2011
Anyone know where I can pick up this Incase sleeve for the 13"? The model is CL57802.

anyone know a place i can purchase this online or in store. its sold out every apple store near me.

I got mine at PowerMax.

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/inc-cl57802

My apologies for not venturing into this topic earlier.

I ordered mine 4 days ago and it was sent for shipping after 2 days.

So I can confirm PowerMax is not a bogus. They really do have them instock.

I checked Amazon and Incase site itself for this specific case.. sold out. I found them in-stock at PowerMax via Google Shopping.

Only 8 left... Good Luck :D

lakobebryant

macrumors newbie
Aug 25, 2011
I got mine at PowerMax.

http://www.powermax.com/parts/show/inc-cl57802

My apologies for not venturing into this topic earlier.

I ordered mine 4 days ago and it was sent for shipping after 2 days.

So I can confirm PowerMax is not a bogus. They really do have them instock.

I checked Amazon and Incase site itself for this specific case.. sold out. I found them in-stock at PowerMax via Google Shopping.

Only 8 left... Good Luck :D

yea i went on powermax site before but took bad they don't ship to Canada :(. no where is found to be in stock. and school starting soon i might have to settle for the 13" macbook pro case for my air and its going be really loose.

x43x

macrumors newbie
Aug 29, 2011
Ordered the Incase sleeve in black from Powermax yesterday. Stock showed 5, but it still shows 5, so I'm not sure it's too accurate. Shipped today and it will be here tomorrow. Paid for UPS ground, but they are one state away.

onthecouchagain

macrumors 604
Mar 29, 2011
Boom: BoxWave Elite leather sleeve for $20 (Amazon).

Affordable and very usable.

Attachments

• MBAir leather sleeve.jpg
    MBAir leather sleeve.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 121
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.