PDA

View Full Version : Friendly ? : )

VanneDC
Jul 27, 2011, 11:15 AM
Hi everyone,

Ive just noticed a slight decline in the freindly-ness factor in regards to replying to questions, mostly from newbies that don't know how to use the search function.

Pretty simple, newbies don't use the search function, it's as plain and simple as that. It's no use giving newbies attitude about using said search function as they won't anyways, and setting a bitter tone in the forums is no fun for any of us.

And we do want newbies to stick around and tell us about the new gear they've got and hopefully they will provide a positive contribution to the forum down the line.

Just something to think about maybe.

At any rate everyone, pls keep smiling and have fun.

Cheers!

Paulywauly
Jul 27, 2011, 11:20 AM
you are right. I'll be honest on occasion i am surprised so many newbies don't just google answers to their question, but its no excuse to be rude is it?

adcx64
Jul 27, 2011, 11:34 AM
And we do want newbies to stick around and tell us about the new gear they've got and hopefully they will provide a positive contribution to the forum down the line.

That's a good way of looking at it. Though, I'm sure you can agree that some of the questions asked are somewhat common sense and can be answered by a quick Google search, instead of taking the time to post on a forum. :o

zen.state
Jul 27, 2011, 11:52 AM
The problem is that some actually expect the help. I learned everything I know from going and learning about it. What they need help with is google skills.

Like I said in another thread.. People that resolve everything in life by simply asking others fill the world with redundancy.